Search

Name Changes on Aeroplan Awards

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35k
Name Changes on Aeroplan Awards

Aeroplan's T&Cs say this:

31. Name changes are not permitted once the reservation has been made or tickets have been issued.

If you cancel an Aeroplan Reward Ticket and then pay the $90 fee, can you then change the name, or is this basically saying once you've got a ticket within the 22 day cancellation window, you can re-use it within a year but only the original ticketed passenger.

I've got an award ticket but may switch to revenue and would like to be able to switch my award to another passenger for a different flight later this year. Am I out of luck?
Old May 4, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
No chance

i tried when my 85 yr old father could not fly to his granddaughters wedding last year due to suregery
Old May 4, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA*G
If the outbound portion is within 22 days than you should rebook it to a later day (for more than 22 days) and pay the 90$ change fee

after rebooking you could refund the ticket for 90$ gives you A total of 180$

in the past I have managed to change the name on my reward ticket from AP (for the old fee of 55.00$) but this was an exception under special circumstances

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.