Trying to get through to AC???

Subscribe
I have been trying to call Air Canada reservations for two days. I get an immediate busy signal without end.

The only number I can find is 1-888-247-2262......is there another number?

Must be great for ticket sales.
If you have skype, or don't mind paying for a call, you can dial this number: 1-514-393-3333
--
13F
Quote: If you have skype, or don't mind paying for a call, you can dial this number: 1-514-393-3333
--
13F
I just tried calling that 514 area code number you mentioned, and all I got was a busy signal.
I got thru to Air Cnada without a busy signal, but after 27 minutes on hold hung up.
Good news was that Aeroplan # was answered in less than 1 minute.
So, if you are paying you can't contact them (I know about the internet) but if you want an Aeroplan ticket it works. ?????
Maybe, Air canada makes more money net from Aeroplan fares than discounted fares.
Quote: Maybe, Air canada makes more money net from Aeroplan fares than discounted fares.
Maybe? For sure they do.
I've seen posted before:
Press 2 for french. Most if not all agents at the french # speak english.
Quote: I've seen posted before:
Press 2 for french. Most if not all agents at the french # speak english.
But first.....you have to get past the constant busy signal.
Is this common for Air Canada? Hard to believe that you can't call the reservation number.
I need to get a record locator number, so can't get it without talking with somebody.
Although calling the Elite over the past 2 days hasn't gotten me a busy signal, it has not pushed me to the front of the queue. Last night I was on hold for over 30 mins before I just gave up. Tring to get to GRU on an all AC itinerary that ac.com can't handle (leaving Xmas Day). So looks like my thousand plus dollars will go to AA or CO.

Ah, the benefits of being Elite.
Quote: Is this common for Air Canada? Hard to believe that you can't call the reservation number.
I suspect it's a combination of being slightly busier due to the holidays, plus being swamped due to cancellations/delays/rebookings from the snowstorms that have been plaguing airports throughout the eastern half of the country for the past couple days (oh, and Sunday, Vancouver gets to join in the wintry fun).

Check out the Daily Operational Outlook and you'll see what a mess it is right now.
I finally did get through (after 2 days) and was advised that it would be a 45 minute wait. I have been on hold now for a little over 1 hour and not answered yet.
Some staff may have been diverted to handle calls from "On My Way" passengers and I think, based on previous discussions here, OMW, SE, E and P calls get answered first before others and in that packing order.
Why do you guys think AC would particularly want to hear from you anyway?
I am selecting French or English depending on the phase of the moon and rarely see any difference in waiting times. My impression is that a significant fraction of call center agents are bilingual.

I have also noticed longer wait times lately. There are so many things I could have done online if AC IT was not so incompetent. Like, after you upgrade a Latitude pass segment with a SWU and need to cancel the trip, it cannot be done online. How stupid is that. One hour worth of my time trying to save a pass credit.
Heaviest travel week of the year, worst weather of the year across the whole of North America. You figure out why the lines have been jammed...
Quote: Heaviest travel week of the year, worst weather of the year across the whole of North America. You figure out why the lines have been jammed...
Thanks for posting the obvious. Depending on the urgency of your business, there's always the RES office in Mexico City which is open 24 hours/day.
The telephone number is 9138 - 0280.

Pretty sure they're not dealing with dire weather conditions down there