Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to get through to AC???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 4:09 am

On the other hand, snow in Canada in December is a relatively rare occurance.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 7:27 am

Sorry to everyone who has tried to get through to reservations with difficulty. The snow storms happening everywhere it seems and on the worst week if possibly could have caused us to have constantly about 400 calls waiting. Of course as you can imagine space for rebooking is quite limited and people are desperate to get home for Christmas. I have been told more than enough times that I have ruined people's Christmas. ( I am trying not to take it personally.) Some people are also trying to get in on the seat sale that ends today. Put all that together and it makes for very very busy res lines. Happy Holidays everyone and continued safe travel .
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:15 am

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by Clipper801
I finally got through after 2h 15m wait.

Yesterday, I started a Thread asking for experience on the "On My Way" travel protection service. >24 hours and some 100+ reads later, there is not a single reply. No body bought OMW? I am surprised given the uncertainty of North American winter travel and critical time of the year.
My daughter bought OMW for her flight home for Christmas. As luck would have it, she happened to fly YOW-YUL-YHZ on Saturday and suffered no more than a 40 minutes delay arriving into YHZ. So, on the one hand, I'd love to be able to tell you how OMW worked, but I am even happier that she didn't need it. It's great to have her home for Christmas.

This is a brutal series of storms ... we had heavy snow last night in YHZ and then honking winds through the night and this morning ... gusts well over 100 kph. Not very good for travel.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
My brother just called the Mexico office after I saw this post and spoke to someone right away who made the change he needed! Thanks FlyerTalk!

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Ummm...at least the automated person answers the phone but other than that you can't get past the 'english' or 'espanol' choices. So no dice for me.

Edited to add: Wow. I tried a second time and the agent was very professional, pleasant and helpful!

Tel: (52-55) 9138-0280 add the 011 in front of course.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:51 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Although calling the Elite over the past 2 days hasn't gotten me a busy signal, it has not pushed me to the front of the queue. Last night I was on hold for over 30 mins before I just gave up. Tring to get to GRU on an all AC itinerary that ac.com can't handle (leaving Xmas Day). So looks like my thousand plus dollars will go to AA or CO.

Ah, the benefits of being Elite.
With the over 400 calls in cue as mentioned by others posts, you probably are being pushed to the front of the cue, but still behind the 50 SE and 100 E that called before you.

1 Hour on hold is still better then 4 Hours on hold as would happen to me years back during storms before I made Elite.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by TVTravels
With the over 400 calls in cue as mentioned by others posts, you probably are being pushed to the front of the cue, but still behind the 50 SE and 100 E that called before you.

1 Hour on hold is still better then 4 Hours on hold as would happen to me years back during storms before I made Elite.
And don't forget those without status but have bought "On My Way".......
Old Dec 22, 2008, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And don't forget those without status but have bought "On My Way".......
So ,who has bought OMW?
I hear a lot about it yet no one purchases the product.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
So ,who has bought OMW?
I hear a lot about it yet no one purchases the product.
We don't know the percentage of passengers who have bought OMW, do we? One FT'er posted that his daughter has bought OMW but luckily did not have to invoke the coverage. I truly am interested to learn from those who have bought OMW because it is a serious consideration for winter travel especially when timing is critical, such as flying to catch a cruise.

If OMW was not bought for the outbound trip, I shall now rush to buy it for the return trip to make sure that I shall receive priority service to return home in case of any disruption. I understand that you can buy it no later than 96 hours before the flight. For those leaving on the 24th, they could still have bought OMW this past weekend.

Last edited by Clipper801; Dec 22, 2008 at 1:57 pm
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:41 pm

I truly am interested to learn from those who have bought OMW because it is a serious consideration for winter travel especially when timing is critical, such as flying to catch a cruise.
OMW won't help much when the planes simply aren't flying. Also, the CTA recently ruled that AC cannot discriminate between OMW customers and others when rebooking due to weather disruptions on AC or its direct partners. So, it only helps if another "non-partner" airline has seats available when AC or its partners don't. Other than that, it provides meal/hotel/ground transport allowances when they otherwise wouldn't be provided AND access to a "priority line" (but refer to CTA ruling).
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robsawatsky
OMW won't help much when the planes simply aren't flying. Also, the CTA recently ruled that AC cannot discriminate between OMW customers and others when rebooking due to weather disruptions on AC or its direct partners.

Other than rebooking. But perhaps also, other than having a 1-800 number that you end up getting through vs. one that you don't?

(Repeating myself, the crooks have won the battle against those of us who still believe in honesty. Especially when it comes to the corporate world.)
Old Dec 23, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
It seems like I need On My Way even with a paid 'C' ticket these days. Sheesh.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by makfan
It seems like I need On My Way even with a paid 'C' ticket these days. Sheesh.
All SE's, E's and P's received promotional e-mail from AC to purchase this service when it first rolled out earlier in the year. These are top tier AC customers. The ability to jump to the front of the telephone queue is critical. Sooner to be able to speak with an agent, the better chance to secure protection as seats are being taken on a first come first get basis. Otherwise, AC has to pay for your hotel and meals. It will be in the best selfish interest of AC to take care of those OMW passengers first. I am more convinced to buy OMW when I next travel during the winter.

BTW this provision is interesting with OMW:

"Whenever possible, rebooking will be in same cabin class as originally booked. If no seat is available in the original cabin class, the Customer will be offered a seat in a different cabin class."

Does it mean upgrade for OMW passengers if no seat in Y but have seats in J?

Last edited by Clipper801; Dec 23, 2008 at 7:58 am
Old Dec 23, 2008, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it mean upgrade for OMW passengers if no seat in Y but have seats in J?
No, it means that if no J is available they'll rebook you in Y.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
All SE's, E's and P's received promotional e-mail from AC to purchase this service when it first rolled out earlier in the year. These are top tier AC customers. The ability to jump to the front of the telephone queue is critical. Sooner to be able to speak with an agent, the better chance to secure protection as seats are being taken on a first come first get basis. Otherwise, AC has to pay for your hotel and meals. It will be in the best selfish interest of AC to take care of those OMW passengers first. I am more convinced to buy OMW when I next travel during the winter.
Interesting. I am looking for a new home as Alaska stopped non-stops between SFO and YVR. I don't fly into Canada enough to make elite, but on AS I could book a few Oregon trips and maybe a Mexico trip every year and get to the lowest elite level.

I tried sticking with AS, but the first two times I had connection problems in Seattle and it just isn't worth it.

Not really loving either AC or UA with their fee for every little thing policies, but what is one to do? Seems like I can pay extra to AC for the hope of some assistance when their is a problem, or pay extra to UA when I need to check luggage (which is not every trip). My trips in UA F have at least had decent hot meals, which AS did not offer the last few years. If AS did offer more than a dinky snack, it was usually a cold sandwich or a veggie plate. This trip was my first to try AC exec class.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 1:47 pm

Programs: AP E, A3 G, SPG G
Just used the Mexico Res line to make a seat selection on a BMI codeshare for family. Agent answered right away, no wait.

This was an awesome tip ^. Anyone with any concerns with language barriers or them questioning why you are calling mexico should not be concerned. I had to use this trick twice today and both times the agents were friendly, courteous and eager to help. Much more so than any agent on the NA line. It's tips like this that make this forum so useful

AClover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.