Consolidated 2009 Benefits Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan Super Elite, FPC Platinum, SPG Platinum
Consolidated 2009 Benefits Thread

Two questions:

1. When does the 2009 program get announced
2. Anyone have any ideas of what changes are to come? Haven't seen much posted this year as compared to last...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Last year the announcement came on Dec 13th

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767156
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Given the deteriorating economy I wonder if there will be more mileage promotions throughout the year to entice people to fly and earn.

In term of benefits for E's and SE's I can't predict what they'll do. Any experts out there want to share their predictions.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
Any experts out there want to share their predictions.
I can assure you the answer is no.

There are plenty of people who will share their predictions. None of them are experts.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:32 pm

I'd love to tell you all about the 2009 benefits, however you will all learn once the information comes public (which should be rather soon). I'll say this, nothing to worry about.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by bestof2k9
I'd love to tell you all about the 2009 benefits, however you will all learn once the information comes public (which should be rather soon). I'll say this, nothing to worry about.
Anything to get excited about?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by zorn

There are plenty of people who will share their predictions. None of them are experts.
Now is Bestof2k9 an expert?

Old Dec 2, 2008, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll say this, nothing to worry about.
In the current economic environment, "nothing to worry about" does not sound overly surprising.

The real question probably should be if for once there will be changes in a positive direction. Thinking in particular about IKK castration being rolled back at least for spouses/companoins/SOs.

And yes, one can always hope. But holding one's breath?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Well, I wouldn't call myself an expert but probably the closest thing to come to an expert?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
Well, I wouldn't call myself an expert but probably the closest thing to come to an expert?
Well, he is (purportedly and seems to be) an employee, so probably more in the know than the rest of us...
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by zorn

...though they may profess to be...
Old Dec 2, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Bestof2k9 did not make a prediction. ?S?he made a statement based on actual knowledge.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:00 pm

Based on the experience of the last 8 consecutive years, the best anyone should hope for is no changes, which would be a break from "tradition."

I still expect cutbacks of some sort or another, justified by the "tough economy."
Old Dec 3, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: Several
Well - I don't want to take this thread off topic so I'll throw in a 'non-expert' prediction. My prediction is that our cards will be a new colour.

Ok - now that I stayed on topic let me go where no man has gone before... at least not through my search.

I never though of this.... until now. Is bestof2k9 a boy or a girl? I always assumed female and I have no idea why. Go figure! But I see in this thread alone there is a s/he reference.

Enquiring minds want to know!

So do tell - along with your fascinating information - bestof2k9 - do I shake your hand or do I tip my hat to you?

Cheers!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by WestonC
Well - I don't want to take this thread off topic so I'll throw in a 'non-expert' prediction. My prediction is that our cards will be a new colour.

Ok - now that I stayed on topic let me go where no man has gone before... at least not through my search.

I never though of this.... until now. Is bestof2k9 a boy or a girl? I always assumed female and I have no idea why. Go figure! But I see in this thread alone there is a s/he reference.

Enquiring minds want to know!

So do tell - along with your fascinating information - bestof2k9 - do I shake your hand or do I tip my hat to you?

Cheers!
Haha, A hand shake will be fine WestonC, as I am a Sir.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.