Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad

Get more out of your eUpgrade Credits

Since Air Canada doesn't seem to provide these important links anymore, let us do it for them.
  • Official eUp chart (as of Oct 2 2020)
  • Upgrades can now be requested at anytime after booking (i.e. it can be requested prior to your clearance window).

North America / Sun

International

eUpgrade Clearance Windows

Print Wikipost

FAQ: How to Upgrade on Air Canada

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by rehoult
There can be a small difference due to the type of ticket you hold, but the bigger factor is how full the flight is. If business is empty, upgrades will be ~$500 each way, regardless of fare. If business is full, upgrades will probably be above $1000.

That is a fairly expensive route to upgrade on, and prices are routinely in the 600-700 range each way.
I would say also depends on the plane. 787 is going to be very hard.
go for 777hd if you can or 77w with 40 j seats

But I would say this. Why not TANGO +PE Seat(60 each way)???
Pay another 15 bucks each way and you got your self a business class meal. Kinda just like NA business seats from A320?
Seems to be much more worth

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Feb 7, 2016 at 12:07 pm
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards: Platinum
Originally Posted by Jack Jia
I would say also depends on the plane. 787 is going to be very hard.
go for 777hd if you can or 77w with 40 j seats

But I would say this. Why not TANGO +PE Seat(60 each way)???
Pay another 15 bucks each way and you got your self a business class meal. Kinda just like NA business seats from A320?
Seems to be much more worth
That's a great point - I don't have much experience with Premium Economy. Again, forgive the noob question, but how do you buy it? On the AC website I just see economy and business fares listed?

Thanks - I am a big guy (6' 3"), and really hate econ. This is a long flight and I appreciate any help.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:21 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by eishv
That's a great point - I don't have much experience with Premium Economy. Again, forgive the noob question, but how do you buy it? On the AC website I just see economy and business fares listed?

Thanks - I am a big guy (6' 3"), and really hate econ. This is a long flight and I appreciate any help.
HAHAHA You are just like me until I discovered this bargain goodness.
First go on seat guru. Look at the 2-3-2 layout seat for 787 and 2-4-2 layout seats. Writedown the seat numbers you want, and call AC to book them. Chances are AC agents will try to get you to book in a non-pe row. You must INSIST on one of those seats.

You have no ideas how much I hated the 777HD Seats too lmao.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: *$ Green

Book your flight, get a PR07 (prepaid meal voucher). Then call in and say you want to book a preferred seat in the PE section.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Book your flight, get a PR07 (prepaid meal voucher). Then call in and say you want to book a preferred seat in the PE section.
Wait, are you sure you can apply PR07 towards the business class meal at 14 bucks?
Also AC agents will say they dont know what PE section is on NA flights based off my experience with them. You have to spoonfeed them with the exact seat number lmao.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Sorry, so you're saying that I just book a regular ticket, and then call in and say I want a seat in the PE section? Do they charge for that? It can't be done online?

How does one go about getting the prepaid meal voucher? (sorry, again, TOTAL noob at this).

On one other note, for domestic does PE get a free alcohol/lounge access?

again, thanks all. I am not really looking forward to this flight.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:55 pm

Sorry, so you're saying that I just book a regular ticket, and then call in and say I want a seat in the PE section? Do they charge for that? It can't be done online?

How does one go about getting the prepaid meal voucher? (sorry, again, TOTAL noob at this).

On one other note, for domestic does PE get a free alcohol/lounge access?

again, thanks all. I am not really looking forward to this flight.
Well its not actual PE, Its "preferred seating" as AC discontinued PE NA(another long story). You can pay for the meal voucher in your reservation. And no, no lounge access or any special treatment for you. You are treated just like a normal tango paying customer. Except at an extra 12.50 an hour. You seats are far more comfortable.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Jia
Well its not actual PE, Its "preferred seating" as AC discontinued PE NA(another long story). You can pay for the meal voucher in your reservation. And no, no lounge access or any special treatment for you. You are treated just like a normal tango paying customer. Except at an extra 12.50 an hour. You seats are far more comfortable.
Oh okay, and it costs you $60 each way to choose your seat. Got it. Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Yeah the PR07 can be applied to anything.

It is purchased during booking.

I also thought that Flex tickets could purchase AC lounge access for $25 per direction.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:19 pm

Hey sorry everyone - sorry, how do I tell what's a PE seat? I see some by business class, but how do I know they are wider etc?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:24 pm

Hey sorry everyone - sorry, how do I tell what's a PE seat? I see some by business class, but how do I know they are wider etc?
What flight are you looking at?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:33 pm

If it's a widebody flight and the seat is in rows 12-14, it's a PE-type seat.

That easy.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
If it's a widebody flight and the seat is in rows 12-14, it's a PE-type seat.

That easy.
Another easy way to tell is the fact that it is 2-3-2 seating unlike in actual Y. Quite evident in the seat maps, unless the seat maps are now screwed up for that section as well on AC.com.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 6:26 pm

Upgrading to Lat Fare for upgrade question

Hey there - I am looking to switch to a Lat fare (from flex) so I can upgrade. My question is this, on AC it says that it is upgradeable (5 seats left) but what if they say I can't upgrade? Any 24 hour rule that I can revert back to my original fare class?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Hey there - I am looking to switch to a Lat fare (from flex) so I can upgrade. My question is this, on AC it says that it is upgradeable (5 seats left) but what if they say I can't upgrade? Any 24 hour rule that I can revert back to my original fare class?
If you provide your flight details, someone here can give you the inventory from EF... then you'd really know if you'd be able to u/g after paying the upfare to Y... otherwise, no need to pay for the upfare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.