Search

Status Miles on NZ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:19 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, Hilton Diamond, IEEE, PTC, CPS, CSBC, USBI
Status Miles on NZ

NZ has some incredibly attractive fares from YVR to AKL these days ($1,500 inclusive of taxes, etc.). They start their NS service this November and that will be a 14-hour 7,500 mile run on a glitzy 777 (BTW AC still shows a lowest fare of $2,100). Does anyone know if one can accrue full status miles to Aeroplan? NZ couldn't answer the question.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:24 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by Cam
NZ has some incredibly attractive fares from YVR to AKL these days ($1,500 inclusive of taxes, etc.). They start their NS service this November and that will be a 14-hour 7,500 mile run on a glitzy 777 (BTW AC still shows a lowest fare of $2,100). Does anyone know if one can accrue full status miles to Aeroplan? NZ couldn't answer the question.
If it's booked in G, K, L, S or P then it won't be good for miles.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:34 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
If it's booked in G, K, L, S or P then it won't be good for miles.
I'm told that the fare code is "T7C"
Old Aug 25, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cam
I'm told that the fare code is "T7C"

Cam, when you are on the NZ site looking at the fares, it will tell you whether or not FF accrual applies.

http://www.ca.airnewzealand.com/airf...nz_cad1098.htm

"Frequent Flyer - Frequent Flyer accrual with programs other than Airpoints is not permitted with this fare type."

Edited to add: The example I pulled from NZ.ca is not the fare type you asked about, it was a random one.

Last edited by taupo; Aug 25, 2007 at 8:02 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Aug 26, 2007, 11:54 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
The one we see on the web is a Pacific Economy webfare for $1100 plus taxes for about $1500 and it can only incur FF miles on NZ airpoints, not on AE from what I read. When I looked at it in the past, the AE accural type fares were pricing out in the mid 2Ks+ from East coast.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 1:34 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Snoopyo
The one we see on the web is a Pacific Economy webfare for $1100 plus taxes for about $1500 and it can only incur FF miles on NZ airpoints, not on AE from what I read. When I looked at it in the past, the AE accural type fares were pricing out in the mid 2Ks+ from East coast.
Don't think you're right here. It is a T fare which, according to Andrew, qualifies for full AP points. The NZ agent "thinks" that the T fare qualifies for full points on any SA partner airline. But now you've got me worried
Old Aug 26, 2007, 1:55 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cam
Don't think you're right here. It is a T fare which, according to Andrew, qualifies for full AP points. The NZ agent "thinks" that the T fare qualifies for full points on any SA partner airline. But now you've got me worried
Cam, Andrew is correct, take a look at this link.
http://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/o...=AirNewZealand

"Terms and conditions
*Air New Zealand flights in booking classes G, K, L and S are not eligible. Charter flights and code-share flights operated by any Air New Zealand code-share partner other than Star Alliance airlines (except for Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand) are not eligible."
Old Aug 26, 2007, 2:06 pm
Cam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by taupo
Cam, Andrew is correct, take a look at this link.
http://www.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/o...=AirNewZealand

"Terms and conditions
*Air New Zealand flights in booking classes G, K, L and S are not eligible. Charter flights and code-share flights operated by any Air New Zealand code-share partner other than Star Alliance airlines (except for Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand) are not eligible."
I agree that Andrew is correct. What I am saying is that the $1,500 fare quoted to me (inclusive of taxes, etc.) is a "T" fare and I've read nothing that suggests that a T fare does not qualify for AP points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.