FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Nexus renew when passport expire (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/697423-nexus-renew-when-passport-expire.html)

lamj May 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Nexus renew when passport expire

My passport is going to expire in a few months so I need to renew it. I understand that passport number will change after I renew the passport. How does that affect Nexus card? I noticed passport number are on the Nexus card. Do I need to renew the Nexus card in such case?

Thanks!

:confused:

fijaircan May 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by lamj (Post 7803746)
My passport is going to expire in a few months so I need to renew it. I understand that passport number will change after I renew the passport. How does that affect Nexus card? I noticed passport number are on the Nexus card. Do I need to renew the Nexus card in such case?

Thanks!

:confused:

You don't need to renew the Nexus card but you have to notify them of your new passport details.

guessaaa May 26, 2007 11:13 pm

You just drop in to an enrollment centre, provide them your new passport, then they will record the information and direct you to the Americans who will also update their records and print you a new card.

tote May 27, 2007 1:33 am

I was told you needed to go in anytime your information changes. I went to ask this when I renewed my driver's license. They told me that if I don't update it with the US side, they would take away my Nexus card if I ever used it and it got flagged with expired ID.

Additionally, the US agent told my friend that you have to update them if you ever change companies and you use Nexus for business.

YVR Cockroach May 28, 2007 6:52 am

Originally Posted by guessaaa (Post 7804724)
and print you a new card.

Not anymore. I went in with new passport info a few weeks ago (Vancouver downtown) and was told that they're not printing new cards to save money (they cost about $10 each).

guessaaa May 28, 2007 4:14 pm

They were at YVR as of 6 weeks ago *shrugs*

ALW May 30, 2007 9:31 am

Is there a time limit for providing the new info? It would be much easier and cheaper to show the new passport (to use the OP's example) at Champlain NY than to make a special trip to YUL. If the next time you crossed on I-87, if you told the US agent, "I need to update my passport info with Nexus", would that do? Or do you have to make a special trip to YUL within a certain time?

=aw

YVR Cockroach May 30, 2007 11:44 am

It used to be that you could just fax in details of the new info with the surface card, but I think they need the passport scan for the air version. If you are not using the Nexus card to cross into the U.S., I don't see any problem going to Champlain to update instead of YUL.

We used to go to Blaine quite a lot to update/get the customs declaration forms.

ALW May 30, 2007 1:35 pm

Well I'd probably want to use the Nexus lanes to go to Champlain, if there's a line. But I'd stop at the Nexus station as my first stop in the US.

=aw