Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE

Has anyone had difficulty logging in to aircanada.com since they changed their web site a few weeks ago? Not only am I unable to log in from the home page I can't seem to book a trip online either. All is fine until I actually try to accept and pay for the booking (and yes credit card is fine ). I've spoken to their tech-support twice (who are completely incompetent) and they say there is something wrong with my account since they made their changes, but they aren't allowed to go into it. I've already re-entered cc info. and reset p/w. Any ideas???
Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:57 pm

Programs: AC*E, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Gold, HH Gold, Mariott, etc.
Sorry !

Haven't used the AC website for booking travel in some time now....most is done via corporate travel dept. Sorry.

But I would be interested in other people's experience in self booking flight via AC website. Several colleagues have used it in my firm with mixed results.

CFB
Old Jan 3, 2005, 8:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
I've been trying to log on all morning and have been unsuccessful. I had no problem booking flights last week.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:06 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
No problems for me signing in ... but yesterday attempting to setup the mobile phone notification for my SFO flight -- it kept telling me it had no information on the flight - yet the flight status did ... go figure

PB
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: A3 Gold, ex-Aeroplan Elite; Hertz #1 club
Booked OK

I booked and paid for flight through AC website Dec 17 - no problem
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:42 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Talking

Donard ... welcome to the AC Board as I see this was your first post here ... enjoy your stay!

PB
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am having trouble logging in to my flight wallet to book a trip from my city pass. I keep getting the message "error, please try again later."

I also went to my neighbour's computer in case it was my computer. Same situation.

Anyone else encountered this problem today?
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
This may not necessarily be related, but likely fits here more than starting a new thread: I found today some flights YEG-YMM were available on my TA CRS but didn't show at ac.com. I thought all flights would show online, even if they are sold out.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:48 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by tcook052
.... I thought all flights would show online, even if they are sold out.
I thought the same thing, but recently there was a reference here on FT that sold-out flights do not display. This may have been a recent change?

Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:55 pm

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Originally Posted by airbus320
I am having trouble logging in to my flight wallet to book a trip from my city pass. I keep getting the message "error, please try again later."

I also went to my neighbour's computer in case it was my computer. Same situation.

Anyone else encountered this problem today?
Yes, I am trying to book a ticket on my City Pass. I was trying to book a flight last night from YXU - YOW and could not log in. I talked to aircanda.com tech support who told me I had to talk to Aeroplan tech support who told me I had to talk to a lead at aircanada.com tech support This took me about an hour and a half. Since it was late and I needed some sleep I ended up booking a ticket as a guest.

Still not fixed. I do not have the time to spend 1,5 hours to 2 hours of people telling me its not there problem
Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AftOf245
Yes, I am trying to book a ticket on my City Pass. I was trying to book a flight last night from YXU - YOW and could not log in. I talked to aircanda.com tech support who told me I had to talk to Aeroplan tech support who told me I had to talk to a lead at aircanada.com tech support This took me about an hour and a half. Since it was late and I needed some sleep I ended up booking a ticket as a guest.

Still not fixed. I do not have the time to spend 1,5 hours to 2 hours of people telling me its not there problem
I was told the same thing to help fix the problem. I can't believe how unuser friendly tech support is since it migrated offshore.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Originally Posted by airbus320
I was told the same thing to help fix the problem. I can't believe how unuser friendly tech support is since it migrated offshore.
I still can't sign in. I bumbled around with tech support for an hour and they basically kept trying to have me call the other ie. ac.com to aeroplan.com and vice versa. One genius suggested I sign up for a new aeroplan membership. No one there really knows anything.

I'm not sure how AC can expect this to go on for days, when people like me who book flights daily can't get into the site.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later.

I can't log in either.

I get the following message:

"An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later."

Tried at both YUL and YYC MLL today. Got same message on my laptop, but was able to go to print boarding passes this morning.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
system crashed

Just got off the phone with the SE desk and apparently the ENTIRE AC computer system crashed for four hours. They just got it back up and running properly.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:37 am

Just tried to log in to AC and got the An error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.