Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:31 pm

deleted

deleted - user error

Last edited by Tyrwhitt; Jun 19, 2017 at 1:49 pm Reason: delete
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Sigh...another part of AC's website, another issue...

Have been unsuccessfully trying to access the APIS site all day. Anyone else have better luck?

Tried last night with no luck.....and again this morning. Brutal!
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
How is this even a thing? Why is this a limit?
Attached Images  
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Sorry if this is answered upthread, but I'm trying to book a fixed mileage round-trip on Aeroplan.com and can't seem to get the search engine to provide more than five results under any circumstances. For example in the screen shot below, I know from using United.com that there are better fixed mileage options for my return on LX and OS -- dozens of possibilities in total -- yet I can only access these five LH flights, all of which come with ridiculous surcharges when booked here.

What am I doing wrong? I hope I don't have to call in.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Sorry if this is answered upthread, but I'm trying to book a fixed mileage round-trip on Aeroplan.com and can't seem to get the search engine to provide more than five results under any circumstances. For example in the screen shot below, I know from using United.com that there are better fixed mileage options for my return on LX and OS -- dozens of possibilities in total -- yet I can only access these five LH flights, all of which come with ridiculous surcharges when booked here.

What am I doing wrong? I hope I don't have to call in.

I always give up and call in. Get a beer, a comfy chair and make sure the phone is charged, it'll be awhile.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
How is this even a thing? Why is this a limit?
I assume this is for your 4 segment run? 4 seems low. I thought your only EYW issues were with the same airport being in there three times vs 8 segments.

Presumably their database has fields segment1, segment2 and segment3 and they didn't add segment4. Not that this is a good way to structure a database, but then this is AC IT.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
I assume this is for your 4 segment run? 4 seems low. I thought your only EYW issues were with the same airport being in there three times vs 8 segments.

Presumably their database has fields segment1, segment2 and segment3 and they didn't add segment4. Not that this is a good way to structure a database, but then this is AC IT.
Due to the short nature of my trip, I think the system sees it as 6 segments. I'm pretty sure 4 is the limit.

But during EYW, I actually hit a different issue all the time. Namely, that you can't check in online if you're departing the same airport twice on the same PNR.

This one, while one might think would affect me on EYW, was not something I saw often.

Either way, what database? There should be ONE record for my flight. Specifically, the PN_Record_.

It can clearly hold six segments. The check-in agents can deal with it. Why can't OLCI?

And before someone says "you're an outlier, why would they account for things like that?"... if I were to write a system (any system), I wouldn't put in a limit. Well okay, maybe 2**31-1 (or these days, 2**63-1), but certainly not 4.

The algorithm I wrote for EYW can handle itineraries with over 2 billion segments. But AC's enterprise-grade check-in system can only handle 4.

I wanted to add "", but I can't, because that's too many.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
You are assuming logic where none exists!

If AC IT wer a capable group, we wouldn't have quite literally thousands of posts about their failings. And that's just in this shared thread.

At least airport checkin is quick for you this year If you drop from SE be sure not to book any complex itinerary. You know, there and back again in 4 or fewer segments.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:12 pm

Concierges struggled to rebook me (new guy and messy PNR), but they succeeded.

I think.

I don't actually know, because I can't pull up my PNR.

Oh, it apparently works in the app. Go figure.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Question , Should a flight attendant need to know where the life vests are on a plane?
Flying on 767-300 in business to London leaving Halifax gentleman 2 rows ahead asked attendant where the life vests were, it took 4 FA's to come over and then a 5th finally was able to show passenger where it was.
How safe is that!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by traacs
Question , Should a flight attendant need to know where the life vests are on a plane?
Flying on 767-300 in business to London leaving Halifax gentleman 2 rows ahead asked attendant where the life vests were, it took 4 FA's to come over and then a 5th finally was able to show passenger where it was.
How safe is that!
ETOPS. Engines turn or passengers swim.

I hope you've had practice with open water swimming.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
ETOPS. Engines turn or passengers swim.
ETOPS. Only two engines to fail. Quite a bit safer than four.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Anyone else having issues with aeroplan.com right now?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
It's down for the agents at the Aeroplan call centre as well... ugh.

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Jun 28, 2017 at 7:19 pm
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Anyone else having issues with aeroplan.com right now?
Yes.

Ditto for aircanada.com. Can't login on either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.