Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aircanada.com/aeroplan.com - Experiences/Complaints/Issues

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
So the iPhone app just finished an update (I know bad move) so I clicked on it and it's undergoing scheduled maintainence.

I guess this is maintainence they know about but don't tell us about. It said to contact reservations if one needs help.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by jc94
So the iPhone app just finished an update (I know bad move) so I clicked on it and it's undergoing scheduled maintainence.

I guess this is maintainence they know about but don't tell us about. It said to contact reservations if one needs help.
Even their website is screwed right now (weekday at 18:00 PST)

Old May 24, 2017, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note that a number of very off topic posts have been deleted and reminders of FT Rules sent to some members.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:36 pm

IT is really down

I tried to book my ticket earlier by calling in. After reading all my itinerary, the agent said their IT is down and they can't book any ticket at the moment! I have to try again later
Old May 26, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
More OLCI & Precheck issues...

Traveling SFO-YYZ-AMS on AC738 and AC724 tomorrow. Here is a sequence of events:

1) Based on prior experience, I left the APIS information in "Manage My Bookings" blank on this itinerary.
2) At T-24, I went through mobile check-in on my phone. Was given an opportunity to enter both passport and KTN information, where I provided my Nexus number. Received no Pre-check on my boarding pass.
3) Called Concierge Desk, which tried a few things on their end. No luck.
3) Un-checked in myself and tried again on the website. Still no Pre-check.
4) Went into APIS and entered passport and KTN information. Checked in online again; still no Pre-check.
5) Went into APIS again and removed passport and KTN information. Checked in online again; still no Pre-check.
6) Went back into APIS and added passport and KTN information again. Checked in through mobile again. Voila! Pre-check appeared.

Just went through this entire charade again for AC780 tomorrow.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Member

So, business as usual, then?
​​​​​​​
Old May 26, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Someone tripped over the cord running across the floor in the call center again.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Someone tripped over the cord running across the floor in the call center again.
When I hear "computers" and "Air Canada" I see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ne...utu.be&t=2m30s
Old May 26, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by KenHamer
When I hear "computers" and "Air Canada" I see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ne...utu.be&t=2m30s
omg how did you find that???
Old May 26, 2017, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer
I assume that you mean this aspirationally for AC .
Old May 29, 2017, 1:02 pm

Just booked some flights using the new Air Canada website for the first time since it was instituted.....eveything worked.....slowly but it did work. But what an appallingly bad design and interface. Really! Not only do I see no improvements to the product, in a number of areas it is a complete downgrade and less user-friendly. Plus the actual look/optics are too busy and confusing. Looks like it was designed by a 14 year old girl.

Last edited by Genetk44; May 29, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Old May 29, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
On behalf of girls, hey, step off.
Old May 29, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Plus the actual look/optics are too busy and confusing. Looks like it was designed by a 14 year old girl.
As the father of a 14 year old girl, I can say that it looks more like it was designed by my 10 year old boy. My 14 year old girl has somewhat better design sense. My 16 year old girl has MUCH better sense.
Old May 30, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Again with the "scheduled maintenance". 18:55 PST on a Tuesday.

Old May 30, 2017, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Genetk44
......Plus the actual look/optics are too busy and confusing. Looks like it was designed by a 14 year old girl.
Seriously silly comment in this day and age.

Originally Posted by flyquiet
On behalf of girls, hey, step off.
^^^

Originally Posted by smallmj
As the father of a 14 year old girl, I can say that it looks more like it was designed by my 10 year old boy. My 14 year old girl has somewhat better design sense. My 16 year old girl has MUCH better sense.
Love it!

Moving along to less girl-boy stuff, AC IT only works when it works and like the Caramilk Mystery of the Universe, no one really knows why it doesn't. OK, maybe someone knows.

And how much scheduled maintenance does one website need?

Dear AC: The app sucks. Fix that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.