Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Stopovers on Award Tix - non intercontinental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I've never made a non-North America non-intercon award res before and I'm doing SQ PEK - SIN - HKG - SIN - PEK. I wanted to stop in SIN on the way through, but they said only a max of 24 hours was allowed. I thought stopovers were always allowed?

Couldn't find any past threads on NON-intercon stopovers, sorry if I missed one

-- Mike
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:12 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I've never made a non-North America non-intercon award res before and I'm doing SQ PEK - SIN - HKG - SIN - PEK. I wanted to stop in SIN on the way through, but they said only a max of 24 hours was allowed. I thought stopovers were always allowed?

Couldn't find any past threads on NON-intercon stopovers, sorry if I missed one

-- Mike
My understanding is that with *A awards, there are no stopovers allowed. I may be wrong though - the rules are different between AC and *A awards.

the 24 hour time period they told you is that for an international connection, a 24 hour layover is still considered to be a connection.

Take a look at *A Awards and Conditions at the bottom: https://www.aeroplan.com/use_your_mi...eward_chart.do

Last edited by mudd_stuffin; Oct 25, 2006 at 7:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.