Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Multiple tickets for one trip - AC's rules?

Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks

I recall reading somewhere that AC no longer does through checking of luggage if one were to buy two tickets for a trip. Does this hold true if the second ticket is for flights operated by another airline, as in not AC-AC?

I am looking at A to B to C, C being the destination. If AC does not check through at A all the way to C, would the other airline check my luggage through back to A or does AC also have restrictions on that?

Finally, any other things I should watch out for? I am placing about 4+ hours between connections, which will be in Europe. LHR, FRA, AMS being possible connection cities.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:55 pm
ALW

What's the airline you're connecting to? I don't know if it makes a difference but it might.

=aw
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe AC-AC cnx and AC-*A cnx can be through-checked. But someone else will have to confirm.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I believe that if the AC flight(s) and a second airline's flight (almost any non low cost carrier that is a member of IATA) are on the same ticket; the luggage can be through-checked.

However, if the second flight (and if it is not AC - even if a Star Alliance carrier) is booked on a second ticket, the luggage can not be through checked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.