Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Need location of Air Canada in Ottawa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Hi, i need to go to Air Canada's Ottawa office, but i can't seem to ascertain where they are.

If someone could tell me what their address is in Ottawa, i'd be very grateful.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:46 am
At Large

The airport is the only ticket office in Ottawa
Old Jun 7, 2006, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
CTO at Albert between Elgin and Metcalfe moved years ago to Laurier and Kent, but closed three years ago when AC shut down all its Canadian CTOs. CP's CTO on Albert just east of Bank also closed within a year if the merger.

ACE has a corporate office in the city, hidden in the bowels of one of the big towers filled with lobbyists and associations. However, it won't be able to help you. As Parnel notes, the only ticket office is now out at YOW.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, it was Kent and Slater where a Grand and Toy now stands, but who's checking.

And while ACE's corporate office in Ottawa is not a tower as big as you may think SH, you are definitely correct to say that it is very, very well hidden.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:16 pm

Programs: ICAmbassador, AC, AirmilesGold, HiltonSilver, *woodGold, Delta
Most of Air Canada is in YUL

The Ottawa airport has a ticket office obviously, but I have never seen one downtown. Has got to be one of the most inconvenient airports ever... so far way (not as bad as Dulles, but you all know what I mean)!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:00 am

Funny enough, I was in an old building in the Byward Market last fall (the one with that also houses Picco Gelato (or something like that) and noticed an AC sign inside the building (offices suites above). Maybe that is their Ottawa HQ?
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:55 am

Programs: A3 G, SPG, Fairmount
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Funny enough, I was in an old building in the Byward Market last fall (the one with that also houses Picco Gelato (or something like that) and noticed an AC sign inside the building (offices suites above). Maybe that is their Ottawa HQ?
You are right, but it is not a service office. That is where Senior VP Duncan Dee works when he is not in YUL. Strictly for corporate business and there is not much staff.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by supersaverdeal
The Ottawa airport has a ticket office obviously, but I have never seen one downtown. Has got to be one of the most inconvenient airports ever... so far way (not as bad as Dulles, but you all know what I mean)!
Have you ever flown to Edmonton?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by sharkshooter
Have you ever flown to Edmonton?
Or Halifax, Toronto, Calgary, or Vancouver?
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by supersaverdeal

Actually, YOW is one of the most in-close major city airports in the country, and one of the easiest to get to. Just hop a 97 bus in the city centre and you'll be out there on the Transitway in about 25-minutes, for under $2 return if you use tickets and get your task done within a half-hour. IAD is four or five times further out from DC, and a lot longer bus ride...or Airport bus to Metro for about U$10 each way.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:03 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I have to agree with supersaverdeal on this one.

By Car, YOW is a pain in the ..., a one lane highway for a major airport...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by lcohen999

A one lane each way highway that is less then 6km and only has one other exit besides the airport.

It's pretty damn easy.

Or maybe you'd rather try getting to YVR by car.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or YYZ or YUL...

There is very seldomnly any major traffic jams on the road to YOW. YVR, YUL and YYZ on the other hand...

(I can't believe I'm defending YOW. )
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcohen999

And why does the Airport Parkway have to have four lanes when the traffic barely rates a dedicated roadway? This is not a major international airport with widebodies landing every few minutes. Ottawa is basically a small town of suburbs surrounding a core of office buildings. Except for about a half hour each day, in each direction, the roads are pretty empty. One can hop on Colonel By Drive at the Westin and make it to Bronson in 5-minutes, then past Carleton U to the Airport Parkway in another 10-minutes if the roads are clogged and you hit reds on the three stoplights you need to get through. I have seldom had more than a two-cab convoy on the Parkway itself. And OC Transpo, as I noted, makes it one of the fastest and cheapest trips to any airport on the continent!

I guess if you are trying to get a flight out on Thursday or Friday from 3p to 7p you might experience a bit of traffic as MPs and lobbyists catch their flights home, but the rest of the day...nada!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I think what they need is a wider road -- given that it is only two lanes in each direction and not a very wide shoulder, if there is an accident on either side, there will be real problems.

I believe the Airport Authority is discussing the possibility of turning the Airport Parkway into a four lane stretch. Here's hoping there will be a bike lane!

Last edited by YOWkid; Jun 9, 2006 at 8:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.