Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
I was 50K this year, early qualified for 75K and I'll hit 100K Dec 1 (then whatever days it takes to post). I know they won't send me the card right away, though some people do get them kinda right away from my co-workers experience. I know privileges are picked in Jan or so. What I wanna know, is from Jan 1 - Mar 1, am I E75K or am I SE100K? I'm not sure it'll matter much, but in the event I need to use a SE privilege I'd like to know if I'm actually entitled to me or not.
If they do a sweep (and I believe Ben mentioned a "next sweep", so they probably will), your status will be updated in the systems, but you will not choose new select privileges or receive a new package in the mail.

However, you will be able to choose select privileges for next year at some point (December?) if you're SE, because they know you won't reach a higher status. Last year, a lot of SE packages were received before the end of December.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AC SEMM
2 x 1500 AQM Bonus E50K and E75K

I have read on a number of threads that if you choose the 1500 AQM bonus on moving to E50K and then choose it again when moving to E75K then the first bonus gets removed. This always seemed odd to me as it would almost be fraudulent to entice you to choose something on moving to E75K without telling you that as a result you would lose something else that you had previously chosen and received.

Well I am happy to report that last night a second 1500 AQM bonus appeared in my account and the first one was not deleted (yet at any rate!!). The slightly strange thing is that is has been called "2014 BONUS AQM E50K" (not E75K).

Had I known this would happen I would not have done what has turned out to be an unintentional mileage run (BRU-ZRH-ARN-ZRH-BRU on LX) since my meetings in Stockholm got cancelled and so I am spending all day in the SAS lounge at ARN (just in case anyone wants guesting in!!)

Last edited by Geoflying; Nov 27, 2014 at 2:54 am Reason: fix typo
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
It looks like a round of sweeps just occurred!

I hit E50K on Nov 6th and got the email that I'll receive the status in March. I contacted by AC and Aeroplan to see if I could get recognized and they both said no.

To my surprise I was checking in for a UA flight today and saw I bumped up to *G. I go onto the Altitude website and saw the recognition was official and even got to select my privileges
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: down to Zone 5
Hi does anyone know when AC will start processing 2016 Early Recognition?

I lost my S100K status Mar 1 (flew 100K+ non *A USA all year in 2014 unfortunately). Already hit 35K with AC this year but in the Altitude Dashboard my Current Status has been at Qualification Pending for a couple weeks now.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by sulfur
Hi does anyone know when AC will start processing 2016 Early Recognition?

I lost my S100K status Mar 1 (flew 100K+ non *A USA all year in 2014 unfortunately). Already hit 35K with AC this year but in the Altitude Dashboard my Current Status has been at Qualification Pending for a couple weeks now.

Thanks!
Was at least half of that on AC metal?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
The 2015 Early Recognition program started on March 2nd.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:08 pm

Thanks guys dashboard shows 35K today but the early recognition is not in AC system yet so my boarding pass still has AC*A & I was denied access to YYZ even after showing the dragon my dashboard. Hopefully ready by next week's commute...

From past experience I'll hit 50K before I will even receive the 35K tags in the mail, and likely 75K before I receive the 50K tags etc

p.s. no revenue segments on AC metal last year. It would have taken me 9+ hrs each way instead of 3.5 if I do *A metal.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by sulfur
Thanks guys dashboard shows 35K today but the early recognition is not in AC system yet so my boarding pass still has AC*A & I was denied access to YYZ even after showing the dragon my dashboard. Hopefully ready by next week's commute...

From past experience I'll hit 50K before I will even receive the 35K tags in the mail, and likely 75K before I receive the 50K tags etc

p.s. no revenue segments on AC metal last year. It would have taken me 9+ hrs each way instead of 3.5 if I do *A metal.
Have them remove your Aeroplan number, save and close the file, then add it again. That usually picks up the change.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Have them remove your Aeroplan number, save and close the file, then add it again. That usually picks up the change.
Hey thanks didn't need to. Just checked in and it's showing E35K Zone2 boarding. Happy to have MLL access & early/earlier boarding back. To me that's a minimum for a weekly commuter.

Can't wait till I have free preferred seat selection & 100% bonus again though. Devalued bonus miles are still better than no miles. :P
Old May 26, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Mrs. Politico just crossed E35, from having no status before. Does anybody have recent experience with how long one waits before being invited to select privileges, etc.? Many thanks!
Old May 26, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Mrs. Politico just crossed E35, from having no status before. Does anybody have recent experience with how long one waits before being invited to select privileges, etc.? Many thanks!
I believe that there is no early status recognition for those without any prior altitude status. I think she will have to wait until the next status year to have the benefits of E35k.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AC 35K
Originally Posted by politico_pk
FIRST POST!! As soon as the qualifying flight puts her over 35 AQS or 35,000 AQM, and it is recognized by Altitude, she should be able to select the privileges. I did not previously hold status until earlier in the month (May 2015) when I crossed the 35 AQM threshold, there was a 2 day lag, and then my Altitude account recognized the flight and I was invited. I received the luggage tags 2 weeks later! Hope this helps.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by YYZCONSULTANT
FIRST POST!!
Welcome to Flyertalk, YYZCONSULTANT!
Old May 26, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AC*Tangerine
Originally Posted by Yyttraveler
I believe that there is no early status recognition for those without any prior altitude status. I think she will have to wait until the next status year to have the benefits of E35k.
I received early recognition when I crossed the E35 threshold in 2014 without having held status before. I could select privileges online only a few days after the last qualifying flight. The package took a few weeks, I think.

There is no early recognition for P25, which is perhaps what you were thinking of.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by i59bravo
I received early recognition when I crossed the E35 threshold in 2014 without having held status before. I could select privileges online only a few days after the last qualifying flight. The package took a few weeks, I think.

There is no early recognition for P25, which is perhaps what you were thinking of.
Oh perfect. Yeah I thought that whatever applied to P25 would be applied to the other tiers. Thanks for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.