Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by LordSnot
I chose the $250 amazon card this year and last year. Both times I received an email with instructions how to activate my gift card online within 48 hours of crossing the threshold.
I'm glad to hear it's working correctly! I figured mine was more of an exception or bad timing, I had selected mine last year about 2 days before the option was removed from the altitude website.....so it made me think there was a reason for the problem last time.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ironcladmerc
I just made my E35K status, can I get into the MLL lounges yet, or do I have to wait until they send me an E35K card in the mail? Can I just show my boarding pass (which says E35K on it) and my regular Aeroplan card instead?
Hit and miss whether they ask for the card. Take a printout from the website showing your status and make sure your BP shows it too.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold
This year was my first year crossing over to Prestige 25 status. I am currently sitting at 34 AQS with an addition 2 Air Canada segments in the pipe as of this past Friday. Will I be able to qualify for E35k status for the remainder of this year?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by NKode
This year was my first year crossing over to Prestige 25 status. I am currently sitting at 34 AQS with an addition 2 Air Canada segments in the pipe as of this past Friday. Will I be able to qualify for E35k status for the remainder of this year?
Yes, provided that as part of the 35 AQS you have either 10,000 AQM or 5 AQS on AC metal. Your early recognition will kick in shortly after your 35th segment posts, and then go to the altitude page to make your select privileges (you don't need to wait for your email which usually takes a few days).
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by yvr76
Yes, provided that as part of the 35 AQS you have either 10,000 AQM or 5 AQS on AC metal. Your early recognition will kick in shortly after your 35th segment posts, and then go to the altitude page to make your select privileges (you don't need to wait for your email which usually takes a few days).
+1.

I crossed 35, 50, and 75 this year. Miles usually posted 3-days post flight. Got to select privileges immediately after the miles posted.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold
That's pleasent news. All of my flights this year were in AC planes, as well as having accumulated 28k in AQM.

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Not 100% sure on this, I THINK I know the answer but that's just based on a guess with a grid the altitude site has.

I'll hit early qualification for 75k (from 50, then i'll hit 100 by year end) but I'm out of credits as of next week. Based on the grid as a 50k at 60,000km I got my 10 credits, but then there's no more after that. Is that to say that because your next threshold would be 75k that you just get them then? Long story short will I get more eUPs once I hit the early qualification (and select whatever bennys I'll select for those 3 months or so that I'll be 75k)?

I'm psyched to be SE even though I do it kinda the cheesy way (all about the segments!) I may end up actually putting it to decent use, might pony up for a flex ticket across a body of water and do the no-co-pay upgrade at some point. As I see it that plus concierge are the 2 biggest reasons to get it.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Not 100% sure on this, I THINK I know the answer but that's just based on a guess with a grid the altitude site has.

I'll hit early qualification for 75k (from 50, then i'll hit 100 by year end) but I'm out of credits as of next week. Based on the grid as a 50k at 60,000km I got my 10 credits, but then there's no more after that. Is that to say that because your next threshold would be 75k that you just get them then? Long story short will I get more eUPs once I hit the early qualification (and select whatever bennys I'll select for those 3 months or so that I'll be 75k)?

I'm psyched to be SE even though I do it kinda the cheesy way (all about the segments!) I may end up actually putting it to decent use, might pony up for a flex ticket across a body of water and do the no-co-pay upgrade at some point. As I see it that plus concierge are the 2 biggest reasons to get it.
You will get another 10 credits when you hit 80K. Note that eUps are not awarded for segments. So, 80 AQS earn no new credits. When you reach 75K you will be invited to select benefits reserved for 75K. The eUps in the package is the difference between eUps for 75 and 50K.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Lllahim
You will get another 10 credits when you hit 80K. Note that eUps are not awarded for segments. So, 80 AQS earn no new credits. When you reach 75K you will be invited to select benefits reserved for 75K. The eUps in the package is the difference between eUps for 75 and 50K.
This is worth highlighting, as it caught me out: You'll be able to chose an additional 10 e-upgrade credits as part of bundle 1 when you hit 75k. Not the whole 40 but (40 - 30) = 10. If you'll make SE100 on your own this year, it's definitely the best option. If 1500 AQM (the alternative to lower qualification in bundle 1) would push you over the threshold 100k then that is probably your best option.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
This is worth highlighting, as it caught me out: You'll be able to chose an additional 10 e-upgrade credits as part of bundle 1 when you hit 75k. Not the whole 40 but (40 - 30) = 10. If you'll make SE100 on your own this year, it's definitely the best option. If 1500 AQM (the alternative to lower qualification in bundle 1) would push you over the threshold 100k then that is probably your best option.
This is kind of a bummer then...I should hit 80k on miles I THINK, but it won't click until maybe my work flying is already done for the year, my leisure flights at Christmas are already bought in J and were on UA anyway so eUPs would be useless.

I maybe should've explained a bit better, I'll hit E75 on segments, and early so I'll get those 10 eUPs unless something else really strikes my fancy in the packages.

I'll hit SE100 before the year ends also on segments, I'll have a nice collage of card colors .

Looks like I'll have to make these last 12 eUPs last! Either that or get friendly with an SE for nomination haha.

Thanks for the clarification gang. The 80,000 mark is maybe doable but I doubt I'll make it before it matters it's dumb though that they don't show that on the chart.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
It will be nice if AC recognised Early Requalification similar to what they do with early qualification. Say you are 50K for 2014 and re qualify for that status before October 15. AC could, and I believe should, post future eUp earnings through 2016. This will be mutually beneficial for the Airline and the status holder especially for 100K. Imagine you are currently 100K. Reach that threshold in September. Receive 25 eUps which expire 2015. Would you continue to fly AC for the rest of the year if you have a choice, or suspend flying AC at 9999 AQM? If I am in that position, the choice is easy. Use other Airlines. Wait till December to earn the required 1 mile and have 25 credits through 2016. If you have loads of credits that will go to waste after February 28, 2015, why add any more. The waste increases at 120K and beyond.
The instrument exists to do what I am suggesting- Early Recognition. Why does AC not do it and earn themselves revenue including interest free ones, from Y/B bookings made now for March 2015 onwards? Such bookings will benefit from upgrade at time of booking using 2016 expiring credits.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Does early recognition applies to Altitude 25K

I have a flight at the end of September and that would put me over 25k. I also have a flight in November that could use some eUpgrades, so my question is does the Altitude 25K benefits kick in right away or do I have to wait until 2015? Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
No, early recognition is only for E35K and up. Also subject to hitting the mark before Oct 15 of that year (although they have extended it by a week or two in the past), otherwise you'd have to wait until the following year regardless.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:09 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
No, early recognition is only for E35K and up. Also subject to hitting the mark before Oct 15 of that year (although they have extended it by a week or two in the past), otherwise you'd have to wait until the following year regardless.
And they must be one of the only airlines in the world with this policy.

All the other carriers.... you get your status once you achieve the miles/dollars spent.

Ridiculous, if you ask me.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
What's more ridiculous is that once you cross a threshold, your upgrade instruments expire in a few months! I just crossed 100K mile threshold with UA and got 6 GPUs and 2 RPUs deposited into my account that are valid until Jan 2016. With AC, I would get ecredits that are valid until Feb 2015.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.