Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated content deleted]
Print Wikipost

The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread

Old Dec 8, 2006, 6:03 pm
Gaz

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Gold
Made E ages ago, thought I'd be making SE but mis-judged an Air NZ trip, where I got 0 miles for a LHR-HKG return, didn't check fair class thoroughly enough and was on one of their infamous 0 miles SuperSaver fares

As it stands I'll finish on about 95,000 (with another 12,000 status miles on 2nd Jan 2007). Probably will write to AC and see if they fancy bumping me up to SE but doubt they will.

All in all I'm not too concerned - I don't fly AC that much these days anyway, so all SE would really have given me was anytime access to the LHR arrivals lounge, which would've been nice.

Now just need to decide whether to run with AC or UA next year.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC*P
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
May as well bump this instead of starting a new thread...

So I was checking my miles to find out how many I picked up from the Mystery Weekend with SAS and discovered that Aeroplan seems to think I have Elite status already. This puzzles me because a) I know I didn't make the cutoff for Early Recognition
I just read your post, and checked my account since I crossed the 35k threshhold in November. They've changed my status to E from P as well. My first time as E, whoo hoo!

The system says my Elite package was sent out in January 2006, and says I have the core benefit package. Their system must be reading the date my Prestige package was sent out. A bit of a glitch.... too bad I don't get to receive the 5k bonus status miles or the 50% non status miles.

RY13

Last edited by ry13; Dec 8, 2006 at 7:20 pm
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
My status online changed this week too but when I checked in today at BOS, the boarding pass did not reflect E.

I didn't expect it would. It's pretty clear on the website that I have to wait until next year for the benefits to kick in.

On the other hand, we do get access to the special phone numbers now so that is a small perk.

Since I'm traveling with my husband, I get all his *Gold benefits until my own card comes in.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by KathrynInCanada
My status online changed this week too but when I checked in today at BOS, the boarding pass did not reflect E.

I didn't expect it would. It's pretty clear on the website that I have to wait until next year for the benefits to kick in.

On the other hand, we do get access to the special phone numbers now so that is a small perk.

Since I'm traveling with my husband, I get all his *Gold benefits until my own card comes in.
Actually your status has kicked in - it's just you won't get the 2006 package of certs etc. All you need to do to get you new status to show up on your boarding pass is call AC reservations and have them take out then re-install your Aeroplan number on to your reservation. Any reservation made since you got your status should already reflect the "E".

If you need lounge access, just print out your status page and show that to the lounge guardinas. Normally that will work.
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Today I noticed my Prestige status was added on the AP site. Then, on AC I was checking seats again for a future YVR/LAX flight, and there were many more seats open - including rows 12 and 13.

Due to a website glitch, I couldn't change the seats so I called AC. The agent said she would delete and re-add my AP number to the reso. She said all future reservations will indicate my status, but when I get Elite, I should call and have an agent update scheduled future flights.

I qualify for Elite in 6 more sleeps!!!
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K *G
I have updated the first post to note that early recognition will occur beginning March 1 for those intrepid travellers who reached 35k or 100k in the first two months of the year.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: AC*SE
Thumbs down Early Status Comes at a price!

When I selected my P choice benefits in January, I selected the 1500 Q miles.

Having spent most of February with an airplane strapped to my a**, I got early recognition Elite status in mid-March, but I didn't select the Q miles benefit from the E package as I doubt I will get to SE this year.

I noticed on my April 2 statement that they have taken back the 1500 Q miles! Good thing it (barely) left me with more than 35000! I wonder if they're sending someone 'round for the two SWUs that I haven't used yet?

Their program, their rules.

I think early recognition is a great benefit, and I'd rather have that thean the 1500 Q miles. That said, I feel the Q miles were a gift for flying last year and the early recognition was a gift for flying this year. Clawing a gift back is just

Tacky.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
That doesn't seem correct. I would raise it with them.
Old May 7, 2007, 2:29 am

A basically question:

I will earn 25k until mid october 2007. Maybe 35k until mid oct. (depends on biz).

I was wondering if I will get *G (Elite) by then (with 35k).

If I just earnd 25k how long do I have time to reach *G (elite)??

Thanks for your help.

Markus
Old May 7, 2007, 4:55 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Markus1301
A basically question:

I will earn 25k until mid october 2007. Maybe 35k until mid oct. (depends on biz).

I was wondering if I will get *G (Elite) by then (with 35k).

If I just earnd 25k how long do I have time to reach *G (elite)??

Thanks for your help.

Markus
You will get Elite status if you reach 35k by mid October. If you "only" reach 25k by then, you still have until 12/31/07 to reach 35k but in that case your status will not be upgraded immidiately but somewhen in January or February.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:31 pm

I flew from YYC to LHR on May 9, which put me over the edge for elite! By Wednesday I had the email from Aeroplan requesting to select my Elite Benefits for 2007.

Great to have Elite for 1.5 years at least, I should have got it last year but just missed out (31 000 miles but only started travelling in the last 4 months of the year).

But I don't think I want to make the push for super elite, although very tempting.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Very fast recognition of my brand new and very shiny elite status. The points for my last trip putting me over the 35K posted very early this am, and have just received an email asking me for my choices. Now I'll see how fast I get the certs.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 2:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Just over 2 1/2 weeks from my selection of benefits to the time I got my new card, baggage tags, and initial certs. Pretty good. Now I wonder how long before I get my two threshold SWU certs for crossing 20K
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:10 am

Programs: AC*E
SO close!!!!

Arg, this is turning into a Murphy's law situation!!!

I'm currently sitting at 32,893 status miles for '07 credited in my account. I have two flights (YUL-YVR from Sept 5th and YVR-YYZ from Sept 15th) that haven't been credited yet.

As you can see, *either* of those flights being credited would qualify me for Early Elite. The YUL-YVR segment apparrently can't be done online or over the phone (their system is saying that it was a codeshare flight, which it wasn't, but anyway), and my YVR-YYZ segment can't be credited because my trip isn't done yet (won't be back in YVR until Oct 14th).

What *really* kills me is that my flight on the 15th was YVR-YYZ-YHZ-YQY, and it's only the YVR-YYZ portion that hasn't posted, the rest is in my account.

I know this is ludicrous to think, but when I'm feeling pessimistic I can't help but wonder if Aeroplan is conveniently missing the segments that would push me over the 35k mark.

There, I know there isn't really any advice anybody can give me on this one, it's just nice to vent to people who feel my pain.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: Now AC Peon, *A nobody, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, FPC Platinum
You have PM. I received some excellent service from an AP supervisor when the 3 month posting delays attributable caused by their new and "improved" audit system were going to cause me to not get certs in time for a flight. They can manually enter the flights on the spot, if they are sufficiently motivated to do so.

I have gotten some great service from AP...I usually just have to push for it. Great service is not their default state but it is available.

Oh and from my calcs, I think the YVR-YYZ leg would NOT be enough so you might want to check that. Also, I am not clear what "your not being done" has anything to do with a leg flown on Sept. 15th posting now. The leg should normally post as they are taken.

For something like this, really only if you have flights left to take this year, then pushing for early elite would be worth some effort on your part.

Originally Posted by uselessheadrest
Arg, this is turning into a Murphy's law situation!!!

I'm currently sitting at 32,893 status miles for '07 credited in my account. I have two flights (YUL-YVR from Sept 5th and YVR-YYZ from Sept 15th) that haven't been credited yet.

As you can see, *either* of those flights being credited would qualify me for Early Elite. The YUL-YVR segment apparrently can't be done online or over the phone (their system is saying that it was a codeshare flight, which it wasn't, but anyway), and my YVR-YYZ segment can't be credited because my trip isn't done yet (won't be back in YVR until Oct 14th).

What *really* kills me is that my flight on the 15th was YVR-YYZ-YHZ-YQY, and it's only the YVR-YYZ portion that hasn't posted, the rest is in my account.

I know this is ludicrous to think, but when I'm feeling pessimistic I can't help but wonder if Aeroplan is conveniently missing the segments that would push me over the 35k mark.

There, I know there isn't really any advice anybody can give me on this one, it's just nice to vent to people who feel my pain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.