When you mail in boarding passes, how long does it take to have the miles credited?

Subscribe
Quote: Could be an SE vs E thing, could be them tightening up, could be that they tried to find my booking on the system but couldn't... who knows. For the record here's their response...
It could be a SE benefit; I will try to get to the bottom of this, and then get back to you and the other members of the AC forum.
Quote: Could be an SE vs E thing, could be them tightening up, could be that they tried to find my booking on the system but couldn't... who knows. For the record here's their response...
Last summer, I had an involuntary reroute of a US Airways flight BOS-SEA. I emailed Aeroplan about it, and then scanned the boarding pass and emailed that. It worked for me. (At the time I had no status.) I suppose anything can happen.
Perhaps I got unlucky, might try again. After all when AC's system has the facility for you to attach images (ie: scans of BPs) there's no need at all to use mail.
Quote: It probably was because your flight was with AC and they have access to passenger info etc... My flight was with BM. The strange thing was my AC ticket was from YYZ>LHR>MAD I was credited with YYZ>LHR portion but not the LHR>MAD. On both the outbound and return!
I don't think this is the case. I had a similar experience to you, two Spanair flights in Spain then a FRA-YUL. Everything posted very quickly except the MAD-FRA. I was able to do the same as S9, call in with the (paper) ticket # and get it fixed immediately. IIRC it was only with E-Tickets that they would do this without requiring the BP and ticket. Who knows why there's such variability.
I can give a pretty timely example. Mrs Bin flew Toronto-Halifax July 17th, e-ticket, kiosk check-in, AP # printed on BP, the flight didn't show on statement, tried online credit, got rejected for some arcane reason (message was along the lines of our records don't agree with your input, mailed the stuff Aug 17th, credit appeared this week.
Quote: Perhaps I got unlucky, might try again. After all when AC's system has the facility for you to attach images (ie: scans of BPs) there's no need at all to use mail.

I did speak today to someone high up, in Aeroplan - about the issue of sending boarding passes/tickets by regular mail, vs email. It was mentioned that what is stated on the web site is indeed official policy. However, each Aeroplan agent may use his/her discretion in accepting or rejecting the flight information by other means (ie email, telephone etc). There is no Aeroplan policy whereby such information would be accepted one way from SEs, and another way from other customers.

I would suggest that you try again, and perhaps do not refer to your email message response, nor get the same agent, again.
Quote: I did speak today to someone high up, in Aeroplan - about the issue of sending boarding passes/tickets by regular mail, vs email. It was mentioned that what is stated on the web site is indeed official policy. However, each Aeroplan agent may use his/her discretion in accepting or rejecting the flight information by other means (ie email, telephone etc). There is no Aeroplan policy whereby such information would be accepted one way from SEs, and another way from other customers.

I would suggest that you try again, and perhaps do not refer to your email message response, nor get the same agent, again.
OK, gonna try again this time with an attached scan of the BPs. Let you know what happens
Tried again with a scan of the BPs, see below for their "f*ck off" reply.

Why they insist on people mailing in BPs is beyond me, it's a joke - especially for those outside Canada where it'll take a while for the BPs to arrive, and then even more time to receive a return letter if there are any queries, as I imagine there will be in this case due a few complications.

They have seen the BPs so when I mail in my info, all they're going to get is an identical print out of what I've already sent them (I'm not risking losing the original BPs in the mail) - so why make people go through the bother of truding down to the post office and spending a few pounds sending a letter to Canada? I'd probably just not bother if there weren't 24,000 miles at stake.

x 1,000

Quote:
Thank you for your further e-mail regarding your recent travel on Singapore Airlines.

As previously indicated, members wishing to claim mileage for outstanding flights have six months from date of travel to submit original boarding passes and copies of tickets for review, providing travel did not take place prior to joining Aeroplan. Please forward the relevant flight documents to the Aeroplan Centre, P.O. Box 7737, Station Terminal, Vancouver, B.C., V6B 5W9.

Your cooperation is appreciated.
Took about 8 weeks for a UA flight via snail mail. Took about 6 weeks for a LAS->YYZ flight without including the BP (all I had left were the stubs which only had the seat info on them) but I was credited without any fuss.

I don't know why it takes so long though.. do they have a permanent backlog of 6 weeks or do they just age their mail before opening it?
[QUOTE=Gaz]Tried again with a scan of the BPs, see below for their "f*ck off" reply.

Why they insist on people mailing in BPs is beyond me, it's a joke - especially for those outside Canada where it'll take a while for the BPs to arrive, and then even more time to receive a return letter if there are any queries, as I imagine there will be in this case due a few complications.

They have seen the BPs so when I mail in my info, all they're going to get is an identical print out of what I've already sent them (I'm not risking losing the original BPs in the mail) - so why make people go through the bother of truding down to the post office and spending a few pounds sending a letter to Canada? I'd probably just not bother if there weren't 24,000 miles at stake.

Maybe, at least unofficially, it is a SE benefit, notwithstanding what my Aeroplan contact told me to the contrary.
Yeah, seems like it could be an unofficial SE benefit.

I'm finding a bit fustrating that I'm probably going to have to wait 6-8 weeks to even get a response let alone get the miles credited, with no good reason.

Even more annoyingly once these miles post I'll be entitled to two SWUS and much more importantly two SSWUs so I'm hanging on for those. To be fair I don't have any AC metal flights in the next few months that I'd use the SSWUs on but I'd like to have some in-hand for this year's validity, even if it's just to trade off.