Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting Via ICN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:41 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Bump!

Any update on AC at ICN? I'm flying HKG-ICN/x-YVR-ICN/x-HKG in J next month and had a couple of questions:

1. On the outbound my HKG-ICN is on CX connecting to AC on ICN-YVR. Despite the thru ticket, I'm sure CX wouldn't be able to issue my AC BP. (Based on my recent HKG-NRT-YVR with CX/AC!) Since I would't have my onward BP, would they let me transit thru airside security? And who would I actually collect the onward BP from!? Does AC/OZ have a transit desk?

2. Any comments on meal service between ICN-YVR-ICN on AC? I'm assuming dinner & breakfast on the outbound. What about the YVR-ICN though, as this effectively works as a day flight, even though it uses a night? (If that makes sense!)

3. I see that the aircraft is a 763 on my dates. Any way to predict whether it will be "XMed"? (I'm hoping I've got the terminology correct!!)

4. My return YVR-ICN/x-HKG is on AC & then OZ. Would AC at YVR, be able to issue the onward OZ BP for ICN-HKG?

5. And is there any OZ presence at YVR at all, or is everything codeshare related handled by AC themselves?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 24, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC.SE
1) Provided you have your onward ticket, should be enough to get through security. There are transfer desks, or you could probably get the BP at the gate.

2) Main meal on YVR-ICN is lunch, and then a light meal shortly before landing.

3) Probably won't be XM, as YVR-ICN isn't one of the routes targeted. Doesn't mean that a nice switch won't happen at the last minute.

4) AC should be able to issue a BP for OZ, but no guarantees. May depend on whether your OZ flight is open for check-in, whether the agent you deal with is capable, etc.

5) No OZ presence at YVR that I'm aware of.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon

1. On the outbound my HKG-ICN is on CX connecting to AC on ICN-YVR. Despite the thru ticket, I'm sure CX wouldn't be able to issue my AC BP. (Based on my recent HKG-NRT-YVR with CX/AC!) Since I would't have my onward BP, would they let me transit thru airside security? And who would I actually collect the onward BP from!? Does AC/OZ have a transit desk?
AC sets-up a dedicated transfer desk beside the gate at ICN. Transit passengers, without BPs, are processed 90 or 120 minutes (it's one or the other; I don't remember off-hand) before departure.

AC appears to now have their own staff at ICN. The check-in and gate agents all wear AC uniforms. However, there's still no concierge service.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CrampedInY
However, there's still no concierge service.
A Concierge in YYZ told me earlier this year they were looking at reinstating PEK as a Concierge location, however no details nor timeline were forthcoming. I remember using the Concierge in PEK and they were very helpful. Hope they bring them back.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 5:40 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by CrampedInY
AC sets-up a dedicated transfer desk beside the gate at ICN. Transit passengers, without BPs, are processed 90 or 120 minutes (it's one or the other; I don't remember off-hand) before departure.

AC appears to now have their own staff at ICN. The check-in and gate agents all wear AC uniforms. However, there's still no concierge service.
Thanks. ^

My CX flight lands 3 hours prior to the AC departure. If the dedicated AC transfer desk isn't open yet, would an airside OZ desk be able to issue a BP? And would it be better if the flight was booked under the OZ codeshare for that?

Also, if the above is impossible and I cannot get the BP till T-90/120, then how & which lounge would I be able to access without the BP!?
Old Nov 25, 2007, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Thanks. ^

My CX flight lands 3 hours prior to the AC departure. If the dedicated AC transfer desk isn't open yet, would an airside OZ desk be able to issue a BP? And would it be better if the flight was booked under the OZ codeshare for that?

Also, if the above is impossible and I cannot get the BP till T-90/120, then how & which lounge would I be able to access without the BP!?
OZ cannot issue an AC BP. Booking the OZ codeshare will not help.

A *G card with flight itinerary will suffice to get into the SQ or OZ lounge. AC's gate has lately been closer to the SQ lounge.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:49 am

Last December I did get the XM'd aircraft on this route and was pleasantly surprised. This can happen. With a *G card and an onward journey ticket you can wait in a *G lounge until the flight is open for check in.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I have some relatives in their 70s making connection in YVR and ICN on J awards and leave ICN on TG.

I know we have requested golf cart assistenace for YVR and they will request it for ICN but sounds like it might be a little unreliable for ICN? If they are connecting from AC to TG, which lounge can they access without status on biz awards?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
The new OZ lounge in ICN is great - good food/drinks when I was there last week.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
I have some relatives in their 70s making connection in YVR and ICN on J awards and leave ICN on TG.

I know we have requested golf cart assistenace for YVR and they will request it for ICN but sounds like it might be a little unreliable for ICN? If they are connecting from AC to TG, which lounge can they access without status on biz awards?

When they check in at the transit desk for the second flight, they will be
given a lounge invitation card. I believe TG is using the OZ lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:29 am

Programs: none
Icn

flew LAS to ICN connect sameday to HKG.
Just went to connection area for hand luggage
check
Old Feb 15, 2009, 8:45 am

Update requested for anybody with experience connecting through ICN.

We have an Aeroplan reward ticket coming back from TPE-ICN-PEK. First leg is on OZ and second leg on CA.

Does anybody know of we can get our BP for the CA leg at TPE check-in? If not, I assume our itinerary and passports will allow us to clear security again and upstairs to the int'l departure area?

BTW, our transit time is 100 minutes

Thanks

Last edited by doesun; Feb 15, 2009 at 8:46 am Reason: added transit time
Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by doesun
Update requested for anybody with experience connecting through ICN.

We have an Aeroplan reward ticket coming back from TPE-ICN-PEK. First leg is on OZ and second leg on CA.

Does anybody know of we can get our BP for the CA leg at TPE check-in? If not, I assume our itinerary and passports will allow us to clear security again and upstairs to the int'l departure area?

BTW, our transit time is 100 minutes

Thanks
You should be able to get all the BP's at the first check-in but this may not be possible at times. You have lots of time-- in case you do not have the BP go to the international conncting gate security, show them your itin. and after security check go to the trnasfer desk for your BP. Then, if you are *G or travelling J enjoy the OZ lounge. It's quite magnificient.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
I am flying HKG - ICN - ORD on OZ in F with a 90 minute layover in ICN.

I assume I do not have clear customs and can go straight to the OZ F lounge, right?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: AC*E, AY, AMEXPlat, CIBCInfinite
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
I am flying HKG - ICN - ORD on OZ in F with a 90 minute layover in ICN.

I assume I do not have clear customs and can go straight to the OZ F lounge, right?
No to Customs as this is a transfer but you have to go through metal det once again. Nice airport and OZ lounge is large but food is less than yum yum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.