Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what do ML*1 / ML*2 mean?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:18 am
schrapy

what do ML*1 / ML*2 mean?

What does ML*1 and ML*2 mean on the boarding passes? I have seen these mentioned, but no one ever referred to what they mean.

Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:32 am

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
(You can thank Empress for this ).

ML*1 - Revenue customers and guest of AC who are upgraded
ML*2 Revenue and guest standbys
ML*3 Positive space pass holders who are upgraded or downgraded
ML*4 Positive space (confirmed) pass holders
ML*5 Space available pass holders

I’ve been told that they are used for meal assignments.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schrapy
What does ML*1 and ML*2 mean on the boarding passes? I have seen these mentioned, but no one ever referred to what they mean.
Those are generally used to show in what order you get your meal, and if you were op-upgraded, standby, etc.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
What does "space" or "space available" pass holder refer to?
Old Nov 22, 2004, 6:44 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

AC or OAL employees who are standing by for the flight using industry discounted passes.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
I also understood that it was to signify meal status.

On that note, I have been told that SE's are supposed to be asked about their meal preference; however, it is my experience that this occurs about 25% of the time. I have been on several flights where I have not been able to get my meal preference (and in some cases they have even run out of J class meals) because I am one of the last customers. This is frustrating, especially when the cabin is full of AC staff and passengers upgraded due to a Y-class oversell. Also, I just don't get the lack of consistency.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So Meal Preference can be decided at checkin for SE's (in J) only or does it apply to E's as well ?
Old Nov 23, 2004, 6:07 am

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
As I understand it, and have been told by sevearl flight attendents, the in-charge is supposed to introduce themselves to the S/Es and ask them for their meal preference before the starting the meal service.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:19 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So Meal Preference can be decided at checkin for SE's (in J) only or does it apply to E's as well ?
I don't think anyone is asked about meal preference at check-in. (YOu can do it online for some SQ flights, though).
It does seem that having the i/c come round and ask about meals is fairly hit or miss.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do recall on my YYZ-HAV-YYZ flight they did come around to ask about it, I feel that when they do not have enough of each item they probably won't go around to aks.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by dbyyz
As I understand it, and have been told by sevearl flight attendents, the in-charge is supposed to introduce themselves to the S/Es and ask them for their meal preference before the starting the meal service.
This rarely happens to me in J. Once in a blue moon the in-charge will introduce themselves to us SE's first and ask for our meal preferences.. but that is damn rare. It would be nice to get recognized (and it would be nice if they actually did what they were told to do!).
Old Nov 23, 2004, 12:11 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
The last few times the I/C has introduced themselves to me, and even one time came by at the end of the flight and personally thanked me for my business and asked how the flight was. Didn't tell him that my roundtrip ticket cost 32 dollars in J, mind you he probably knew that. When I see the I/C going around the cabin for meal requests, they pretty much go up and down the aisles, except they seem to skip a couple ppl, I guess those are the op-upgraded pax.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shore9 I am glad to hear that you finally made it to the SE level, boy you even beat me. Cool
Old Nov 23, 2004, 1:59 pm

Programs: AP
Originally Posted by dbyyz
I also understood that it was to signify meal status.

On that note, I have been told that SE's are supposed to be asked about their meal preference; however, it is my experience that this occurs about 25% of the time. I have been on several flights where I have not been able to get my meal preference (and in some cases they have even run out of J class meals) because I am one of the last customers. This is frustrating, especially when the cabin is full of AC staff and passengers upgraded due to a Y-class oversell. Also, I just don't get the lack of consistency.

Staff (space available)that has been put into J class, for whatever the reason, is fed LAST. Occasionally not at all or with whatever is left from Y. I have been many occasions with no food at all, just happy to have the seat commuting back and forth.

Deadhead or Positive space crew travel is accounted for in the numbers and meals are boarded accordingly.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shore9
The last few times the I/C has introduced themselves to me, and even one time came by at the end of the flight and personally thanked me for my business and asked how the flight was. Didn't tell him that my roundtrip ticket cost 32 dollars in J, mind you he probably knew that. When I see the I/C going around the cabin for meal requests, they pretty much go up and down the aisles, except they seem to skip a couple ppl, I guess those are the op-upgraded pax.
The I/C on my flight yesterday had zero opportunity to"go up and down the aisles"We had a medical emergency on board that kept him busy for the whole 5 hour flight.(a poop pile of paper work after the flight as well)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.