OT : Transporation between Milan and Lugano

Subscribe
I'll be travelling in France and Switzerland in October. There is no cheap way (in both dollars and time) to go from Paris to Lugano. However, Milan is 40km away from Lugano and with Easy-Jet...very inexpensive (75 euro). My only concern is how do I get to Lugano from Milan. Is there a bus service from the airport, or a cab? How much would that be? How does it work for crossing the border?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Man the internet and Google can find almost anything.

This sounds lke exactly what you want.
http://experts.about.com/q/145/616300.htm
Quote: Man the internet and Google can find almost anything.

This sounds lke exactly what you want.
http://experts.about.com/q/145/616300.htm
Thanks for the link!

BTW...the cheap fare with easyJet was found with the Internet on www.openjet.com

It's a web site using the most reliable LCC in Europe and I find it very useful...
I just remembered that Milan has two airports and Easyjet goes to Linate from Paris (Orly) not Malpensa.

from the web:
To and From Linate
Linate can be reached by taxi (fare approx. 15 Euro) or by bus number 73 which leaves from P.za S.Babila every 10 minutes during the day (fare 1 Euro). A private bus line departs every 20 minutes for Linate from the Milano Centrale train station (fare 3 Euro). Travel time by taxi is about 15 minutes, by bus half an hour. In the area around Linate, there are several hotels with a shuttle buses.

To and From Lugano
The Swiss airport at Lugano, some 70 km (43 miles) from Milano, is not subject to Milano's dense winter fogs and the strikes which plague Italian airports, making it very attractive to commercial travellers from Milano, Como, Varese and Novara. Lugano is connected to Milano, by the international railway line Gottardo, leaving Milano's Stazione Centrale hourly. The journey takes one hour and 20 minutes. Arrivals at the Lugano station can proceed to the airport by taxi, in about 10 minutes. A hotel with pool is located inside the terminal and is open year-round. The airport houses Duty Free shops, a bank and a Restaurant/Bar which provides outdoor seating in summer months.

Here is a good site for people that had a conference in Como. Looks like a taxi from Linate to Como runs 90euro (Lugano a bit farther), bus/train much cheaper. Taxi maybe will not go from Milan to Switzerland?
http://www.congrex.nl/05a03/venue.html
Of all things I found the following at expert.about.com, FWIW
Expert:
Date:6/9/2000
Subject:Milan airport to train?

Question
Please tell me how to access the train to Lugano from Milan airport.

Answer
Hi Walter,

if you intend to use the train
the only way is take the Malpensa Express Train
to Milan Cadorna Station then take a train to
Lugano from Milan Central Station.

Instead of this you can take a direct bus.
Busses to Lugano leaves from bays 19 and 22
at terminal 1 bus station.

Ask at the help desk once at the airport regarding
ticketing infos.

regards,

Corrado.