FAQ: AC Booking classes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2004, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC-SE SPG- Plat
I'm booked PHX - YYZ in N-class will it be possible to upgrade with a SSWU
Old Jan 14, 2004, 3:05 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

N class will not be upgradeable with anything. My apologies as I included 'N' above as upgradeable with Special Systemwides, I will make that correction right away.
Old Jan 17, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
On GLA/YYZ is it possible to upgrade to Supercomfort 'S', from a 'H' category fare?
(I am AP E for 2004)
Old Jan 17, 2004, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Yes, you could upgrade to S class using your upgrade cert from eligible booking class (H or higher using regular SWU and L or higher using special SWU).
Old Jan 17, 2004, 3:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I thought E and SE members would be given courtesy upgrades to S class on those routes? Seems a bit of a waste of an S/SWU since you don't get J service (although you do get a more comfy chair...).
Old Jan 17, 2004, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Nope. Only if the flight is oversold. Now that Elites can upgrade to Europe on non-full fare, probably makes more sense to go via LHR to get to MAN/GLA just so they could get Executive First with the cert.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
N class will not be upgradeable with anything.</font>
Execept, of course, a friendly smile and some good luck.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 11:14 am

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
Empress, Thanks for the info on upgrading to'S'class on YYZ/GLA.- I shall book accordingly!
-I prefer a shorter jounrney time overall, than a 'J' meal and the usual delays,and general inconvienience of flying through LHR.
Old Jan 18, 2004, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
A major disadvantage of the booking codes, is that outside of domestic flights, one can not get the 25% COS bonus, on discounted business class fares.

For most other Star Alliance carriers (are there any exceptions), one can get the 25% COS bonus. That might induce some (including myself) to go on the other carriers, perhaps for that reason only, if the ability for one to reach a certain Aeroplan tier level is touch and go.

For US flights: UA (and soon to be Star Alliance member US Air?), their front cabin in their 2 cabin planes is classified as "first class" and earns 50% COS bonus - will the new AC transborder fare structure (to be introduced by April?) reflect this policy and allow for a 25% COS service on C fares, and perhaps a 50% COS service on J fares (as is the case now, with domestic AC flights)?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:38 pm

When one is booking an award on AC via another star carrier (UA, in this case), are the booking classes the same (D,W), or is there a different fare bucket for Star Awards?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Same.

P.S. I'll have to update the original posts with the new transborder fares when I have time.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp

Bump

That dreaded N fare is driving me crazy! If you book YYC-YVR on an N tango-type fare online at aircanada.ca you don't get an advanced seat assignment, but if you book online with travelocity, expedia or destina you do get advanced seat assignment. So all N fares are not created equally? The next fare level up on aircanada.ca goes up from $89 to $134; $45 each way for a confirmed seat? Gimme a break, AC.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:03 am

I have a YYZ-MIA flight next week booked in I on the way down and G on the return. Where do these booking classes fit in?
Old Feb 27, 2004, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by privatejet:
I have a YYZ-MIA flight next week booked in I on the way down and G on the return. Where do these booking classes fit in?</font>
You've got a couple of FUN fares. They will earn 50% status miles. They are more expensive that the Econo L fares that are still around; the change fee is only $25 though versus $75 for L.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:29 pm

privatejet....

you need this spreadsheet....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum5/HTML/012778.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.