FAQ: AC Booking classes

Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:29 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

You won't have any problems as it covers original to destination including connections and H is upgradeable for international using SWUs.

B & H still exist within Canada/Transborder - it's FUN fare.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nuitari
Can I stand by on a V fare if it is used in conjunction (on the same ticket) as an international flight ?
No, you won't be able to. Only Y, M, U are standby-able.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks for the info Empress. Interesting that H and B are still around. I have been able to find a few B fares but no H. Not that it matters much anymore since you can't upgrade them with SWUs anyway
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:29 am

Programs: AC Elite, *G
Empress,
I am not clear, if you use an upgrade to the Caribbean, you do not get the COS bonus, but you do get 100% of your mileage - as opposed to 75%?

BCD
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:10 am
Original Poster

You got it; 100% when upgraded to C on Caribbean flights.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:51 am

Programs: AE, AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Empress
No, you won't be able to. Only Y, M, U are standby-able.
Thanks Empress!
As the ticket is with CX (too bad they don't get into YUL), it's now their problem

Last edited by Nuitari; Jan 31, 2005 at 6:01 am Reason: clarification
Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:53 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Question Is there any way to select a SPECIFIC fare class on aircanada.com?

I've searched the posts, and haven't found an answer to finding and booking a specific fare class on aircanada.com. Does anyone know if it can be done, and if so, how to do book it?

If that isn't possible, is there another booking site that makes it easy to select fares based on booking class? As a last option, how about just displaying the booking code for fares that are selected (before paying for the ticket online)?
... now for the reason: I will be flying transborder later this month, and have some UG certs that I want to use (SWUs). From other posts, I have learned that AC is still honouring the A class indicated on the SWU, even though it is no longer a Latitude fare (it is now a Fun fare). I want to book in A class so that I can upgrade, but have no way of knowing if a Fun fare displayed on aircanada.com is A, B, H, V, Q, or L booking class. Any suggestions on how I can book in A class online - or do I have to pick up the phone and do it the 20th century way?
I would think there are other situations where it may be important to know which booking class one has before making the purchase - or am I missing something really basic?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
That would be a "NO".
You will have to call in and pay the $5 booking fee, unfortunately. I encountered your dilemma last month and sucked it up and called in. Alternatively, you can guess and hope that the current cheapest available fare posted in the Tango category just happens to be "A"
Old Feb 22, 2005, 4:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Canada (25k), Hyatt (Globalist), Marriott (Platinum)
Question Reward ticket codes

Hi everyone,

aeroplan reward codes want to use kvx
w -economy/ d-business ----------avenue????

what about star alliance reward ticket codes (can i check availability on kvs)

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2005, 5:03 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mars1982
Hi everyone,

aeroplan reward codes want to use kvx
w -economy/ d-business ----------avenue????

what about star alliance reward ticket codes (can i check availability on kvs)

Thanks
Award booking classes do differ accross the various *A carriers (see the following post and the link in that post for detailed info for each *A carrier):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...20#post3392444
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:50 am

Classes and Fares

I will be going YYZ - GRU at the end of July via AC.

There is a full range of fares listed when I do a fare scan, but AC displays only Economy (probably Y) or Executive (probably J).

Ideally I would like to purchase M and upgrade with SWU right away. How or where can I get the full range?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by diseman
I will be going YYZ - GRU at the end of July via AC.

There is a full range of fares listed when I do a fare scan, but AC displays only Economy (probably Y) or Executive (probably J).

Ideally I would like to purchase M and upgrade with SWU right away. How or where can I get the full range?
You have to call into reservations to do it and incur the $5 booking charge.

BUT before you do that, since it's an int'l booking, go through a mock booking and on the fare quote page for the itinerary, there is a "fare details" link near the bottom. Click on it and a window will popup. The description numbers each segment and contains its details. Beside the letters "bk" is the booking code. If it's already "m" (lower case), then you can book it right then and there. Otherwise you will have to call into AC reservations and incur the $5 charge.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:28 pm

Thanks! Perfect!
Old Mar 12, 2005, 2:57 am

Question Club Class Seats?

Has anyone flown Club Class seats? Our travel agency offers these seats, and they told us the seats are almost similar as business class seats.

Is there leg support when you want to rest or sleep?

We would appreciate any comments...
Old Mar 12, 2005, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Club Class seats are basically your domestic J seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.