Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LHR Fast Track for AC Premium Economy passengers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering, will Premium Economy passengers get the fast track card when travelling to LHR?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
No. I think SE or MM might get an exemption, but as a regular pax you are out of luck.

But... IME it's a quick trip off the plane right after they exit and if you walk quick like me you can always overtake them. I think I was at baggage within 20 mins of wheels down last time and out of the airport in under 30 mins. I do hold a UK passport though, and if a couple of 380s hits right before you it there will be a queue
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyz-kin
Just wondering, will Premium Economy passengers get the fast track card when travelling to LHR?
I know AC is still handing the Greysies in addition to the Blacksies Fast Track passes to J pax.

I have a couple of Greysies and you can have them if you want. My FT inbox is over quota so you'd have to actually email me using FT, which means is would show your email address... In turn I would have to respond from my email address. There is no email mask. It's up to you.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
have a couple of Greysies and you can have them if you want.
Many thanks for the generous offer - I am flying out Friday morning so looks like these will find a home elsewhere!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:10 am

LHR Fast Track

After years of nearly 100% J travel on trans-Atlantic flights, I'm now *forced* to fly premium econ (new employer with more stringent rules).

anyway, simple question: does AC give out Fast Track envelopes to Premium econ customers? I know they do for other routes (DXB, for eg) but not sure about LHR.

thanks!

Mike
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: *A SE100K
I received a fast track slip while travelling PE to LHR. YMMV
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:28 am

It's J only. Some SE have got them, but I'm not sure if that's official ... I believe it's 'getting lucky'.

Is LHR that bad?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Is LHR that bad?
I've arrived at LHR T2 at various times during the day/evening on various days of the week, and it is a hit and miss at times.

I'm talking 100+ times. Not FOTSG times.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
LHR depends largely on the time of arrival and what flights arrived before you. If you walk fast and get to border queue first you’ll see how it fills up behind you and that’s where the long wait can begin. Even worst if an A380 landed right before your flight.

I suggest applying for for the Registered Traveller program if you frequent LHR. It allows you to use The EPassport gates.

https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller

Last edited by seegs; Sep 21, 2017 at 11:52 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, AC*MM, Marriott Platinum Elite
When I'm in Y to LHR, routinely the service director will come find me and drop off a fast track pass. It seems to be policy. That being said, I have joined the Registered Traveler program mentioned above and that does seem even faster so far.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seegs
I suggest applying for for the Registered Traveller program if you frequent LHR. It allows you to use The EPassport gates.

That's why I got it.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:01 pm

I've arrived at LHR T2 at various times during the day/evening on various days of the week, and it is a hit and miss at times.

I'm talking 100+ times. Not FOTSG times.
Fair enough, I honestly don't know as I've never waited for the ePass gates more than a minute so I'm not as familiar as I am wil say in hit and miss nature of YYZ.

And, I really do only fly into LHR 1-2 times a year these days.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
An E50K in PY told me he got a FastTrack pass last week.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by seegs

That's why I got it.
compared to Nexus it is surreal. You walk through the automated gate and you are in. Nobody to ask you additional questions... first time through, I kept looking around thinking there had to be a catch! It’s great. Pricey mind you.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by visitor
compared to Nexus it is surreal. You walk through the automated gate and you are in. Nobody to ask you additional questions... first time through, I kept looking around thinking there had to be a catch! It’s great. Pricey mind you.
Ha! Many FOTSGs here chastised me for getting this claiming that the fast track lane is always just as fast, if not, faster.

I agree that this Trusted Traveler program at LHR is fantastic for those who fly there more than once to see grandma.

The only caveat is that if there is an issue with scanning your passport or taking the photo, you will be asked to go to manual to which they will ask questions. So the trick is to master the art of the passport scan and photo when you're in one of the automatic lanes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.