Wiki Posts
Search

Slightly Annoyed: 1 Credit Short

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
I am not trying to start anything at all. I am merely commenting on what I read and it is a clear example that a company, which touches as many people as AC, cannot make a decision that pleases everyone. You had a problem. You brought it up on FT. Someone on FT suggests a solution to your problem. You go, "d'oh, why didn't I think of that?". You follow the advise, and it works. Then you come back on FT and tell everyone that it works, AC did a good job, and you are happy. This is a perfect example of how FT should work.

Then someone else comes on and says they are happy for you, but this is an example of how inconsistent AC is and s/he takes exception to it. In reality, it started by someone else stating that this is something that worked for them. We have 2 examples of someone trying it in the near past, and it worked both times.

I am not picking on anyone, I am merely using this example to make the point mentioned above. The beauty is, all of the facts precede my post, so it's hard to question how I came up with my opinion.

I am sorry if you believed it was directed at you.
Fair enough. I mistakenly assumed your post was directed at me. But my point stands: If this is a policy change, it's a welcome one, and I hope it will be uniformly applied in comparable situations going forward. HUCA should not be necessary. That's all I meant to say.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Fair enough. I mistakenly assumed your post was directed at me. But my point stands: If this is a policy change, it's a welcome one, and I hope it will be uniformly applied in comparable situations going forward. HUCA should not be necessary. That's all I meant to say.
It is possible that it isn't a policy change. Perhaps it is an example of the latitude afforded the Concierge. An improvement in service vs a policy change.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
It is possible that it isn't a policy change. Perhaps it is an example of the latitude afforded the Concierge. An improvement in service vs a policy change.
+1

I would agree with this assessment based upon what I have seen. It's also possible it's just goodwill to a loyal AC flyer who was clearly going to hit 60k given the flight he was requesting the credit for.

Goodwill should not be confused with inconsistency.

When is this flight anyway? Within about 8 days now I assume.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jc94
+1

I would agree with this assessment based upon what I have seen. It's also possible it's just goodwill to a loyal AC flyer who was clearly going to hit 60k given the flight he was requesting the credit for.

Goodwill should not be confused with inconsistency.

When is this flight anyway? Within about 8 days now I assume.
Yup. Sat, Sep 23.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So, if I am reading this properly, if A.C. sees an opportunity to improve and they jump on that opportunity, that is a bad thing because they are demonstrating inconsistency. Did I get that right?
How dare you point out the hypocrisy!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
As I said, I've seen a marked improvement of the concierges' willingness to help SEs since the AQD culling.

It would not surprise me if that were a directive from up top. We're no longer potentially bottom-feeders. We all spend money now
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:08 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Just to add my $0.02

This was exactly my situation a year ago as well. Called the concierge line and they comped the 1 E-upgrade credit I was short at time "as a courtesy" - i.e. not an advance but a gift of 1 Eup. As I was within SE window the upgrade was confirmed immediately.

Great job on AC's part.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

The happy ending:

Curious if anyone has any ideas why BLA didn't also clear?

Edit: Nevermind. Just refreshed the app:

Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm still curious why
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
I think it is great that AC looked at the situation and applied some common sense and empathy in "bending the rules" to allow the upgrade.

i hope next time there is an incident where some poor newbie needs a bending the rule for common sense and empathy that there will not be the condemnation they should have known the rules ahead of time ...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm still curious why
I assume there were only 4 unsold seats left. (Though as of this morning about 6 hours before the flight, there were 5.)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by capedreamer
I assume there were only 4 unsold seats left. (Though as of this morning about 6 hours before the flight, there were 5.)
LMU?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:03 am
Suspended

Programs: yes
Originally Posted by jazzsax
You won't see an article about this on the CBC...
Why would you? Does the CBC, or any media outlet report on a company doing their job?

This dragging of CBC is getting ridiculous.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Does anyone know if this would be possible as non-SE? I'll be sitting at 96K AQM before an upcoming TPAC with 12 credits. The miles earned on the flight will get me an additional 20 credits.

I don't have concierge access (yet), so may be SOL here.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by JordanYVR
Does anyone know if this would be possible as non-SE? I'll be sitting at 96K AQM before an upcoming TPAC with 12 credits. The miles earned on the flight will get me an additional 20 credits.

I don't have concierge access (yet), so may be SOL here.
Are you looking for 1 credit to get you to 13 to upgrade to PY from low flex? Anything more than that would be a stretch. it never hurts to ask. I'd call the E75 line and ask. I just got off the phone with the concierge and they provided 1 credit as gesture of good faith to allow me to do the same. My situation was slightly different as I had already flown the segment to pass 100k AQM and was waiting for the miles to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.