Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Altitude Program Predictions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Well... I should get to it, then. Have 50K left.
So, like a week from now?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by run&fly
Funny, same here. Only missing 60K or so! Hopefully, this is not a serious rumour, will still be missing 30K or so at end of year...
There is no rumor. Just folks throwing darts.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j_the_p
Knowing my luck...new MMers will only get 35k for life; existing MMers grandfathered on the old program.
Not going to happen.

Lst year they actually improved the MM program. Making the 2MM level worthwile, by switching from 50k for life to 75k for life. In addition to 50k for another person.

About 200k miles from there. Another couple of years...
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
I wouldn't be surprised to see E35K lose MLL access all together. From full *G lounge access, to domestic AC lounges, to no guests, no access seems like the next step. I also think E35K may lose some of the checked luggage allowance, to make it more in line with P25K instead of E50K.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by nave888
I wouldn't be surprised to see E35K lose MLL access all together. From full *G lounge access, to domestic AC lounges, to no guests, no access seems like the next step. I also think E35K may lose some of the checked luggage allowance, to make it more in line with P25K instead of E50K.
I'm not sure we are heading there just yet. The guesting changes for E35K have had a positive impact on crowding in the lounges. Taking away E35K lounge and baggage privileges will just cause people who fly 25,000-35,000 miles and have that ~$4000 spend to most likely be less loyal to AC. If that were to happen people in a similar situation to me would most likely start shopping around and booking the best deals as it would no longer be worth it to fly AC.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I could see them drop the baggage allowance, but I'm also not sure how much that actually costs AC. I'm still surprised they're so generous with *G though. Maybe they'd drop them both simultaneously.

I'd still bet money on lounge access remaining though. E35K is meant to compete against other domestic airlines.

What does WS Gold give you? 10 one-time entry passes?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Several years back, there was no E35K - It was Elite and Prestige at 50k and 25k respectively. I think this was added due to competition from UA. Lounge access isn't much of a prize, really - you can buy annual passes for $400-600 and have much less of a hassle using it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Several years back, there was no E35K - It was Elite and Prestige at 50k and 25k respectively. I think this was added due to competition from UA. Lounge access isn't much of a prize, really - you can buy annual passes for $400-600 and have much less of a hassle using it.
That really depends on your usage though
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Elite was at 35.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Maybe they'd drop them both simultaneously.
I'm kind of torn: on one hand, I really don't want this, since the 3 bags helps me twice a year, when I have to pack up and move my entire life to a new in Europe/NA. On the other hand, I wouldn't have to pay a premium to fly AC home anymore
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by pewpew
I'm kind of torn: on one hand, I really don't want this, since the 3 bags helps me twice a year, when I have to pack up and move my entire life to a new in Europe/NA. On the other hand, I wouldn't have to pay a premium to fly AC home anymore
So this bring out the point, what is the utilization rate?

If we set number of bags to n
count if n=3 on a particular flight for E=35K
divide by # of flights taken by E=35K

If usage is below 5% , is it really necessary to remove it? Its one of those things people really need once in a blue moon anyways. I have only used all three bags once since I become E35K+
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

If usage is below 5% , is it really necessary to remove it? Its one of those things people really need once in a blue moon anyways. I have only used all three bags once since I become E35K+
Personally I take advantage of it all the time, especially when travelling with no status friends and family. Also comes in handy for ski vacations when extra bags are required for skis and boots.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack

I think I've done 3 once (had a friend with me), and 2 three times.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm still surprised they're so generous with *G though.
This thread is about 2018 program predictions, not 2017.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
This thread is about 2018 program predictions, not 2017.
*G luggage allowance wasn't adjusted... it's still 3x70pounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.