Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

When does R space become available for YYZ-LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP

Hi I booked a latitude fare on YYZ-LHR AC858 with the last departure around 11PM >2 months ago with travel on Sept 22. Still waitlisted for J. When does R space become available for this flight as an SE to get on? Are there hopes to get upgrade cleared before T-7 or T-24?

Thanks,
GT
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
There is no set date; it depends on loads. This flight is currently more than 50% booked in J so it's understandable why they haven't cleared you yet.

Cheers,
bawm
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:19 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
With a Latitude fare, either R space or P space will do it for you.

Who knows when or even if they'll open any space in R or P. The flight is J9 C9 D9 Z0 P0 R0, meaning there are at least 9 business seats still available for sale, but that AC wants a lot of money for them. They'll only open more R or P space if they think they can't sell more expensive fares.

Interestingly, the other flights that day are all P9, meaning you could probably clear an upgrade right away.

As an SE on a Latitude fare, chances are generally good, but never certain, especially thisnfar out.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

Interestingly, the other flights that day are all P9, meaning you could probably clear an upgrade right away.

This.
Is there a reason you can't/won't switch and clear right away? Paying Latitude fare and playing upgrade lotto does not work for me.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canolakid
This.
Is there a reason you can't/won't switch and clear right away? Paying Latitude fare and playing upgrade lotto does not work for me.
Doesn't for me either.

But then, if on the evening before your flight you gwt a phone call to inform you that your confirmed upgrade has been cancelled what do you do?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Stranger
Doesn't for me either.

But then, if on the evening before your flight you gwt a phone call to inform you that your confirmed upgrade has been cancelled what do you do?
with LAT fare, choice is still mine- in a world with no other moving parts...
at worst- back to gate lotto which is OP's current state.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Just called AC and they said all flights that Friday 9/22 YYZ-LHR will be waitlisted. Even the Saturday 9/23 9AM flight also waitlisted... I guese these seats are hard to come by with on B fare. Doesn't look like P fare matters. Agent said only the 9/22 9AM flight is available to clear.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
Just called AC and they said all flights that Friday 9/22 YYZ-LHR will be waitlisted. Even the Saturday 9/23 9AM flight also waitlisted... I guese these seats are hard to come by with on B fare. Doesn't look like P fare matters. Agent said only the 9/22 9AM flight is available to clear.
Many agents don't know that Latitude can upgrade with P space internationally and need to be reminded/go ask NRD/check ACPedia, HUCA if you're actually wanting to change to confirm the upgrade.

The 9AM flight is R1, which is why (s)he told you it was available for upgrade.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
As per the others, especially Adam's post above.

Although your specific flight 858 is P0, the rest are P9 that day. You need to continue to HUCA until you get a competent agent that actually knows the rules, or is willing to accept that they perhaps don't know the rules... (this is assuming that you are willing to switch to an earlier flight to grab P space)

This nonsense by AC call centre agents needs to stop. It's been going on for years now.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
This nonsense by AC call centre agents needs to stop. It's been going on for years now.
^ to that.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ok, just in case - OP, what is your full itinerary that includes 858? Just need the flights associated with the PNR that 858 is on. Forget about any other flights or bookings you've tacked on as part of this trip. This *might* affect P space. I only looked at one way for that day.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:16 am

Are you implying upgrades are subject to married segment logic? I don't think they are.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you implying upgrades are subject to married segment logic? I don't think they are.
Fare classes in general, depending on the nature of the itinerary/rules.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:28 am

Not sure I follow. IF OP is on a B fare for YYZ-LHR, that and P/R space on that one flight are all that should matter, I think.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure I follow. IF OP is on a B fare for YYZ-LHR, that and P/R space on that one flight are all that should matter, I think.
You're right. I was thinking of something else!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.