Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC enRoute: Canada's Next Great Cocktail: Introducing The Dominion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Great idea and great article. Love the video and the photos.

It would be great if AC could do like CX and have a Signature Cocktail or two onboard the (international) flights.

Canada's Next Great Cocktail: Introducing The Dominion

Jun 26, 2017 · By Sarah Musgrave | Photos by John Cullen

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/arti...inion?mpch=ads

Attached Images  
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
Great idea and great article. Love the video and the photos.

It would be great if AC could do like CX and have a Signature Cocktail or two onboard the (international) flights.
I mean I know you don't want me to enjoy my flights, but do you have to be so obvious about it?

PLH needs some love

But yeah, this article doesn't even suggest that AC will get it.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I mean I know you don't want me to enjoy my flights, but do you have to be so obvious about it?

PLH needs some love

But yeah, this article doesn't even suggest that AC will get it.
Moo,
There is historical proof here on AC FT that you enjoy your AC PLH flights just fine, especially if Coke Zero is onboard.

That said, I've now had 4 different AC SDs invent a new drink for me or suggest a different mix of contents (adding or replacing one of the usual parts to say a G&T). Sometimes, they will even tell me how they came up with the combo. AC has hidden bartending talent.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:29 am

Moo,
There is historical proof here on AC FT that you enjoy your AC PLH flights just fine, especially if Coke Zero is onboard.

That said, I've now had 4 different AC SDs invent a new drink for me or suggest a different mix of contents (adding or replacing one of the usual parts to say a G&T). Sometimes, they will even tell me how they came up with the combo. AC has hidden bartending talent.
I like my caesars with gin
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: TK *G
I have a feeling that if AC ever come up with this as a PDB, something existing will be replaced, and we all know it won't be the OJ, or the sparkling water.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
It would be a great idea to do it on domestic routes. Like oh say UA? Leading from the rear again, hey AC?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I like my caesars with gin
So do I - sometimes a bit tricky ordering it though. I've ordered a "Gin Caesar" and been given a VirGin Caesar. To avoid that happening I switched to a "Caesar made with Gin" - more than once that's been misconstrued as a regular Caesar (vodka) with a shot of Gin for good measure. I've now standardized on "a Caesar made with Gin INSTEAD of Vodka - so far so good. (although, I'm not diametrically opposed to the Vodka + Gin hybrid).
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan AA
Originally Posted by AleEat
So do I - sometimes a bit tricky ordering it though. I've ordered a "Gin Caesar" and been given a VirGin Caesar. To avoid that happening I switched to a "Caesar made with Gin" - more than once that's been misconstrued as a regular Caesar (vodka) with a shot of Gin for good measure. I've now standardized on "a Caesar made with Gin INSTEAD of Vodka - so far so good. (although, I'm not diametrically opposed to the Vodka + Gin hybrid).
Hmm...I'm currently staring at a litre of Clamato and a bottle of gin. I'm going to give that a whirl. I'll report back.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by J. Leslie
Hmm...I'm currently staring at a litre of Clamato and a bottle of gin. I'm going to give that a whirl. I'll report back.
And although they don't serve it on AC, Bacardi Limon makes a superb Caesar variation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.