Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

No AQS/AQM/AQD on travel booked with Aventura points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

This is news to me, as I've booked dozens of flights using Aventura points and was credited for the travel in the past.

Earlier this month I flew some segments booked using Aventura points. I even had to top up because some segments were more than the maximum allowable fare for a fixed mileage reward. After traveling, the segments showed up in my transactions, but showed up as "Not eligible" for AQD. No credit for AQS or AQM.

I called in to Aeroplan contact centre and was told that travel booked using any kind of rewards points is not supposed to be credited, but that it sometimes "slips through." Apparently this has been the policy for "a long time."

My question is how does Aeroplan even know it's "reward" travel? The flights were booked in standard AC fare classes.

Is there a written policy for this somewhere? If true, this will definitely diminish the value of pretty much all travel rewards cards in my books. Might as well just get cash back.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
What were the booking class for the flights out of curiosity?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:35 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...tus-miles.html

Flights booked with Airmiles points do not get Aeroplan miles. So I would expect the same with Adventura.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
What were the booking class for the flights out of curiosity?
K, L and T.

I even had to top up with cash since the fare exceed the maximum allowable for a fixed mileage reward.

Still not sure I understand the justification for denying points accumulation. These are revenue bookings for AC, aren't they?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by softsign
Still not sure I understand the justification for denying points accumulation. These are revenue bookings for AC, aren't they?
Revenue? Sure. Just like consolidator tickets that earn no miles are "revenue bookings".

In airline lingo, "non-revenue" is employee travel. Anything you pay for as a customer, whether it's with cash or miles, is "revenue".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.