Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at ATH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Lounge at ATH

Does anybody know if there is a lounge available for Rouge flights from ATH? I tried Swissport but they indicated that the only lounge available was from the B gates (Schengen area) so not much use once you've already cleared passport control.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: AEROPLAN
Not that I'm aware of. I have used the Goldair and Swissport lounges there. I believe you can access them if you have priority pass.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Using the Star Alliance Lounge Finder, *A has several contracted lounges, a few of which are on the Int'l side (Goldair, Swissport and BA). However, when filtering results for AC Status or Flights, the only eligible lounges are Schengen side (Aegean and Lufthansa)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:33 am

There's nothing on the non-schengen side. On Schengen is a rather nice Lufthansa lounge and a so-so Aegean lounge.

It's easy to get to these lounges as it's just a passport check, but give yourself time for customs and security on the non-schengen side when you leave the lounge.

It's been a few years since I haven't been Star Gold, so I don't remember access on a premium rouge ticket
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Rendar
There's nothing on the non-schengen side. On Schengen is a rather nice Lufthansa lounge and a so-so Aegean lounge.

It's easy to get to these lounges as it's just a passport check, but give yourself time for customs and security on the non-schengen side when you leave the lounge.
I thought the A3 lounge was fine, no worse than the LH lounge.

Neither is worth making two treks through security though, as far as I'm concerned, unless one has a very long layover.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
It is a little surprising that AC doesn't work with one of the handling lounges on the A side.

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I thought the A3 lounge was fine, no worse than the LH lounge.

Neither is worth making two treks through security though, as far as I'm concerned, unless one has a very long layover.
I prefer the A3 lounge to the LH lounge, actually.

Also, there is no security to go to the A3 or LH lounge. Security is just prior to entering the gate area. The only security check is that you have a boarding pass. ATH makes a lot of money on shopping, which is almost all on the B side.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I'm not sure why AC would have a contract lounge at an airport where they don't have business class service. They seem pretty consistent on this.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by eigenvector
I'm not sure why AC would have a contract lounge at an airport where they don't have business class service. They seem pretty consistent on this.
Perhaps to recognize their best customers? Seems to me that if all the other *A carriers provide lounge access at ATH to their *G passengers AC could do the same.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:14 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by fly_yag
Perhaps to recognize their best customers? Seems to me that if all the other *A carriers provide lounge access at ATH to their *G passengers AC could do the same.
Well I am just saying, generally airlines operate or contract lounges to serve their J customers and *G access kind of piggybacks on that. If there coincidentally happens to be an *A lounge there already you can get access (e.g. Rouge at KIX). I don't see anyone, anywhere in the world contracting a lounge outside of their home country just for *G, so I don't think it's comparing apples to apples to say that LH and A3 have a lounge so AC should too.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yeah, by that logic, why isn't there a lounge at YGK?

I know at least one *G who flies there
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah, by that logic, why isn't there a lounge at YGK?

I know at least one *G who flies there
How about a roped-off area with 2 armchairs and free chips for the drinks vending machine?

(given that the entire airside area is comprised of one room measuring <40sqm with ~30 seats IIRC, the idea of a MLL is rather entertaining)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.