Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2017 skytrax places AC back at #1 in N.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 skytrax places AC back at #1 in N.A.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Horrorplan/Priceline Junkie
Originally Posted by The Lev
A sad commentary on the state of the airline industry that the 29th ranked airline globally is #1 in North America.
My nomination for post of the year.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...ultiples-video

In an exclusive interview, Air Canada CEO Calin Rovinescu joined Bloomberg Canada's Amanda Lang to discuss his commitment to improving business and the challenges facing the airline industry.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Yet another example of Air Canada staff taking seats in J class instead of SE.

Can't tell if they are genuinely happy people, chortling, laughing in disbelief or it's the Christmas Card picture they are sending to WestJet
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by tcook052
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...ultiples-video

In an exclusive interview, Air Canada CEO Calin Rovinescu joined Bloomberg Canada's Amanda Lang to discuss his commitment to improving business and the challenges facing the airline industry.
Did anyone actually watch this? CR talks about increased crew satisfaction because of the new configuration of aircraft. He boasts how the 787 is a more comfortable working environment.

He also neglected to mention crammed economy class seating and how I'm sure stewardesses have mentioned how difficult it is to work in a 1:50 configuration on narrowbodies.

He is a slimeball who manages to hide his tongue in cheek comments well.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
The only way that AC could have achieved this is to garner the votes of people that never fly anything but AC. Because if you do fly anything other than AC, ever, it is painfully obvious that it isn't true. Which leads me to reiterate the comment I made last time they faked their way to the top: unless you have enough data points to form a valid comparison, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. Want to make a bet AC would have difficulty cracking the top 5 if that was the case?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Lllahim,

Thanks to you, we’ve been voted Skytrax Best Airline in North America for the sixth time in eight years. We wouldn’t be here without the support of our customers, so I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you personally.

We believe this win affirms we’re on the right path and validates changes we’re making to our business. Changes like fleet updates, expanded global routes, renovations to our Maple Leaf LoungesTM and improved food and beverage offerings, all to improve your experience with us.

We take pride in bringing Canada to the world every time we fly, and making Canadians proud matters to us. This award is only the latest milestone in our ongoing transformation, and we are planning to go even further.

We’ll be in touch soon to tell you about even more exiciting new features designed with your needs in mind. Until then, we look forward to welcoming you on board again soon!

Benjamin Smith
President, Passenger Airlines
Air Canada

Let the celebration begin.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Did anyone actually watch this?
I did.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
Supposedly (from OMAAT a while ago) you can use Polaris lounges when flying international *A J. Beats United Club by a mile.
There are currently no Polaris lounges in any of the airports listed.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Personally, I'm super exicited to see what else Ben has in store for us.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Personally, I'm super exicited to see what else Ben has in store for us.
Did you forget an emoji?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Did you forget an emoji?
I think this one:
Attached Images  
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Too many Air Canada pickles for that poor emoji.

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Did anyone actually watch this? CR talks about increased crew satisfaction because of the new configuration of aircraft. He boasts how the 787 is a more comfortable working environment.

He also neglected to mention crammed economy class seating and how I'm sure stewardesses have mentioned how difficult it is to work in a 1:50 configuration on narrowbodies.

He is a slimeball who manages to hide his tongue in cheek comments well.
He also has a really good habit of explaining away issues by assurance of complexity. Rovinescu pulls out the same old argument that some of the company’s issues are too big and complex for us to understand, just trust him. Frankly there are as many red flags in this as the Pyongyang May Day Parade.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Hey it's not as bad as some on here make out but winning the award is certainly not worth doing a victory lap about.

. . . and yes Ken it will be ALL my fault if they place other than first next year

There is something to be said for being mostly competent. But in the end it is what you learn from your customers (and act upon to either reinforce the best or fix the worst) that will serve you best.

I had great agents and surly agents today. I kept smiling through it all and the flight crews were great. I am getting home tonight--all is good.^
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
and true to form, AC operation side of things had issues--no IFE (totally black--I said to the SD I will just consider it a very "dark" movie"; we all got a discount coupon in J at least), vegetarian meal for another passenger was sort of boarded (salad) but no main. Hardly the stuff that would rank #1 (but everyone has their off day).

Think there were other issues too. SD must have been tearing her hair out but she didn't show it--rose to the occasion with profuse apologies and was composed through it all trying to be helpful. There were 5 SE MM in J on this flight and all were very understanding but not overly impressed given the announcement on the flight that AC was Skytrax #1 !
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow
AC 127 YYZ-YVR departing 2105 has a full meal in J.

A similar length flight at that time on US airlines would have:

UA (p.s.): Hot snack
UA (other routes): Snack basket

AA: Can't find official info but looks similar to UA based on FT thread.

DL: Looks pretty good actually (I believe there's a full meal)

So there's an objective assessment where AC hands-down beats 2 of the 3 big legacies in the US.

You want to talk about service, wine quality, etc., fine. But don't say they're not "at or near the top in anything".
you might want to review you post, 2 of the 3 and your WRONG on UA, saying ps is a hot snack and you don't know what Delta is.
so your post is like Skytrax, BS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.