Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC online promo code - can one use it on ANZ from YOW to AKL via YVR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

We have an AC promo code that can only be used for online bookings.
It seems to work both on AC metal and also on AC codeshared flights on Star Alliance metal.

AC code-shares on ANZ flight between YVR and AKL.
One can on-line book such a flight between YVR and AKL, using the AC promo code.

However, it does not seem that one can book on-line an itinerary between any other city in Canada (besides YVR) and AKL where all flights are AC designated - which would make the whole itinerary eligible for the promo code discount.

Of course, if one goes to the AC telephone reservations agent, the promo code can not be used.

One can book on-line between YOW and ALK via SYD or BNE - and the ANZ flights between BNE or SYD are AC code-shared; and therefore that itinerary is eligible for the AC promo code. But I really do not want to fly the extra miles and take the extra time to go via Australia in both directions.

Any suggestions?
Old May 27, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Book whatever you can online using the discount code and then call it within 24 hours for an itinerary change to what you want. I've done it before and it works (assuming all flights are indeed eligible).
Old May 28, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
The question is whether YVR-AKL on ANZ is only AC code-shareable if only flying that segment on that itinerary, or can it be code-shareable if flying between other Canadian cities (eg YOW) and YVR in addition to flying on that route between YVR and AKL?
Old May 28, 2017, 11:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
A codeshare is a codeshare is a codeshare. This will ultimately depend on whether there's availability on the AC codeshare and whether there's a fare filed that will allow the TPAC to be on NZ, although I think that if a fare is filed AC/YVR-SYD-AKL, you can go AC/YVR-AKL (again, provided that the fare doesn't prevent it from being NZ metal). The easiest way to find out might just be to call AC and ask if they can build the itinerary with the flight numbers you want. If so, book something that's the same fare bases online with the promo code and then ask them to change your new flight.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

I just looked at expert flyer.

The fare rules (between YOW-AKL) on and AC issued ticket with all flights AC designated do state that the YVR-AKL flight is allowed.

However, the separate routing rules only have the allowable flights to go via BNE, SYD, NRT, or HKG (routing rule actually mentions the city Tokyo; so I guess Haneda would be allowed if there was a direct nonstop flight on ANZ from Haneda to AKL). The routing rules do not show (for YOW-AKL) that YVR-AKL is allowed.

So I am confused.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I just looked at expert flyer.

The fare rules (between YOW-AKL) on and AC issued ticket with all flights AC designated do state that the YVR-AKL flight is allowed.

However, the separate routing rules only have the allowable flights to go via BNE, SYD, NRT, or HKG (routing rule actually mentions the city Tokyo; so I guess Haneda would be allowed if there was a direct nonstop flight on ANZ from Haneda to AKL). The routing rules do not show (for YOW-AKL) that YVR-AKL is allowed.

So I am confused.
Best thing to do might be to call AC.

I tried routing some YULFUK flights through ICN, but was not getting the price I wanted.

Called AC and asked them to check with whoever they need to (their ticketing or fare department or something). They were apparently able to check the routings eligible for each fare basis, as well as the booking class required for the other airline flights.

So it turned out that my ICNFUK flights did not have the codeshare booking class available to quote with the P fare I wanted, and I could not combine that fare basis with the pure flight number.

Maybe calling a TA wouldve helped me, but I was also trying to use a discount code so...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.