Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Different E75 seating with 12J seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold

There seems to be a new version of the E75 flight map. Seen twice this week between YYZ and IAH with new paint scheme. Has 12 seats and 4 rows of J and no bulkhead wall between Y and J.

Not sure if there are fewer rows in Y. 12c also has not in seat entertainment, but they appear to block it rather than sell.

Sorry, but didn't get the tail number.

Cannot find the seat map on any future IAH flights and the extra seats seemed to allow some last minute upgrades so possible they are only selling 9 seats due to the small number of planes with the seating pattern.

Anyone else seen or know what's going on?
Old May 26, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
There seems to be a new version of the E75 flight map. Seen twice this week between YYZ and IAH with new paint scheme. Has 12 seats and 4 rows of J and no bulkhead wall between Y and J.

Not sure if there are fewer rows in Y. 12c also has not in seat entertainment, but they appear to block it rather than sell.

Sorry, but didn't get the tail number.

Cannot find the seat map on any future IAH flights and the extra seats seemed to allow some last minute upgrades so possible they are only selling 9 seats due to the small number of planes with the seating pattern.

Anyone else seen or know what's going on?
There has been no announcements on any E75 config changes. However I have noticed that they are not selling rows 15-17 as preferred anymore. Looks like on the new config only rows 12-14 are preferred seats.
Old May 26, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
This is strange that they would add more J seats. I flew IAH-YYZ last night. All 9 seats were upgrades. How often do they sell out J on an E75?
Old May 26, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I was just tricked on a flight from PHL-YYZ. I was in 3A and automatically put my bag on the seat in the last row and then realized it was row 4!! The seat map at check in had three rows.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
One assumes if they've put in an extra row of J, they haven't taken away a row of Y. I guess they're standardizing the product and the E75s are just too comfortable/generous with their space
Old May 26, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 172pilot
This is strange that they would add more J seats. I flew IAH-YYZ last night. All 9 seats were upgrades. How often do they sell out J on an E75?
I was surprised too at the addition of J seats seems the opposite of what I would expect. Worked for me yesterday as I got in on standby to a full cabin.

Last edited by yyzgigi; May 26, 2017 at 10:53 am
Old May 26, 2017, 11:34 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
If these are new paint job ones they are likely new aircraft to AC. They got three new ones early in 2017 and were setup with a new config by the sounds of it.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Just read this on the Sky Regional wikipedia page

"In early 2017 Sky Regionals fleet of 5 Bombardier Dash 8-Q400 were transferred to fellow Air Canada Express carrier Jazz Aviation with the last flight arriving into Montreal from Moncton on February 23. Sky Regional will be receiving 5 additional Embraer 175 in early 2017. The first of the aircraft will come into service on May 16 with the last going into service on July 1. These new aircraft will feature an extra 3 seats in business class for a total of 12 seats. The rest of the fleet will be reconfigured by the end of 2017 to a 76-seat configuration"

So as the above poster said, these are new ones with a new config. All other E75s will be reconfigured by the end of the year, and will have a tighter Y layout (remaining 64), meaning presumably 30' for most of the cabin instead of the 33-34 currently, and with 33-34 now preferred.

Last edited by moorw003; May 26, 2017 at 11:46 am
Old May 26, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by moorw003
So as the above poster said, these are new ones with a new config. All other E75s will be reconfigured by the end of the year, and will have a tighter Y layout (remaining 64), meaning presumably 30' for most of the cabin instead of the 33-34 currently, and with 33-34 now preferred.
So basically that means the E75s won't be much better than the Rouge 767's. Fantastic. May have to eventually avoid YUL-YHZ if that's the case.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by moorw003
Both Delta and AA have a 12J/64Y config with nothing less than 31" pitch in Y...with some Y seats having 33-34" pitch. No reason to assume AC wouldn't be able to do the same.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

As Im usually in the premier seating not going to complain.

As long as we are in this dual mode seems like I need to avoid 12C where there is no IFE on the config and appears blocked. Hopefully they will add IFE soon as I like the new row 12 with lots of leg room and under seat storage.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I should have added to my earlier comment that it was nice to be able to place my carry on bag wheels first in the overhead compartment. We were definitely able to get more items in there. Although the bins were brand new so it took a little wiggling to get them in, as according to the FA "they haven't been stretched yet"
Old May 29, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
FA on one of these flights last week told me they are all being renovated and there will be less legroom to get the extra J seats in. Also mentioned removal of the divider. FYI, I was on the current version of E175
Old May 29, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Agh I really like the divider.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
On one of these newfangled E75s (in J)... Seats are super super squeaky. I'm not kidding. They're squeaking at every move.

Otherwise, not really a big difference. No divider, so at least last row can recline fully. Service may be slightly slower if there's a full load in J, can't see this being a problem though. No other things to speak of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.