Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YYZ customs construction

YYZ customs construction

Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
YYZ customs construction

Appears YYZ Canada Customs is under renovations/construction.
Arrived in YYZ from Grand Cayman on Friday and as I approached the usual stairway that goes down to customs it was all roped off with a hugh line-up at the top of the stairs. I was connecting to YVR so I was pulled out of the line-up sent over to another temporary customs office, when I cleared, I went down a long set of stairs to the ground floor, take a bus on the tarmac to the domesticate side. Those without Nexus or Connections will be in for a long wait and everything has ground to a halt. Now the process may improve in the next few days as I understood this just started.
The good news for me was I didn't have to go through security as I was on the secure side the whole time.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by james dean
Appears YYZ Canada Customs is under renovations/construction.
Arrived in YYZ from Grand Cayman on Friday and as I approached the usual stairway that goes down to customs it was all roped off with a hugh line-up at the top of the stairs. I was connecting to YVR so I was pulled out of the line-up sent over to another temporary customs office, when I cleared, I went down a long set of stairs to the ground floor, take a bus on the tarmac to the domesticate side. Those without Nexus or Connections will be in for a long wait and everything has ground to a halt. Now the process may improve in the next few days as I understood this just started.
The good news for me was I didn't have to go through security as I was on the secure side the whole time.
"One Stop Security", for connections, you only have to clear customs, not security again. Its been legislatively available for a while, but only actually implemented at YYZ recently. I suspect the timeline was in preparation for YYZ getting the primary inspection stations.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is more a Canada topic than an Air Canada one it's been relocated to FT's Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by tcook052
As this is more a Canada topic than an Air Canada one it's been relocated to FT's Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
AC forum moderator
I get your point but doesn't appear that the Canada Forum gets much traffic, while the Air Canada pax who use customs would be helpful to be on that forum.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Which terminal?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
This should be Terminal 1. Does anyone have pictures? I would love to see the new OSS corridor...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.