Air Canada Toronto Rome Economy class - is alcohol served?

Subscribe
Hi to All,
we are flying from Toronto to Rome in economy class. Quick question: do they sell alcohol? Like air canada cafe? what are the options for extra alcohol?
thx!
IngaHansen, welcome to FlyerTalk! Your question will likely get more replies in the dedicated forum for Air Canada. I'll move your thread to that forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
International includes:

Complementary Bar Service Including Beer, Wine & Spirits
Complementary Meal Service
Complementary Entertainment including headsets
They do, however don't expect Air Canada flight attendants to be wandering up and down the aisle looking to see if you want another drink.

They want to get you on, get into the air, give you a meal, give you a drink, clear the trays, sit down for 7 hours to read, sleep, complain about the company they work for, then give you a little sandwich and a water before landing.

If you do see an flight attendant walking through economy class on a long flight it is with a purpose. They put their heads down, get a scowl, build up a head of steam and rocket through economy so quickly it's a wonder Canada doesn't win Gold, Silver and Bronze every Olympic Games in that 'Race Walking' competition. They will do all this while refusing to make any eye contact and pretending not to hear any customers requests.

Get an aisle seat and wander back to where they all hide from the customers, then you will get a drink.
Quote:
Get an aisle seat and wander back to where they all hide from the customers, then you will get a drink.
Pretty much.

I usually pack some chocolates or something in my carry on, go to the service area early in the flight for some reason, talk with them a bit, and throw down the chocolates for the FA crew. That usually leads to a smile and assistance later in the flight when I wander back to grab a drink.
Quote: They do, however don't expect Air Canada flight attendants to be wandering up and down the aisle looking to see if you want another drink.

They want to get you on, get into the air, give you a meal, give you a drink, clear the trays, sit down for 7 hours to read, sleep, complain about the company they work for, then give you a little sandwich and a water before landing.

If you do see an flight attendant walking through economy class on a long flight it is with a purpose. They put their heads down, get a scowl, build up a head of steam and rocket through economy so quickly it's a wonder Canada doesn't win Gold, Silver and Bronze every Olympic Games in that 'Race Walking' competition. They will do all this while refusing to make any eye contact and pretending not to hear any customers requests.

So, in a better AC world, what do you want?
Quote: So, in a better AC world, what do you want?
Agreed - But of course Smalleststate always free to choose other airlines if AC so bad, in this case Alitalia - who by the way has improving reputation with new Etihad owners
Quote: So, in a better AC world, what do you want?
Service comparable to what Japan Airlines or most other competent airlines will offer. FA's that will go up and down the aisles looking to see if anyone needs anything, doesn't mean you have to do it every 5 minutes, but every 30 would be nice.

You seriously are not thinking AC's level of "service" (term used very generously) is the norm do you?

Quote: Agreed - But of course Smalleststate always free to choose other airlines if AC so bad, in this case Alitalia - who by the way has improving reputation with new Etihad owners
I do.

The reason I avoid Air Canada like the plague is the below average service, rude employees (not all, but a very determined 10-20% who hate their jobs, hate the company and hate pax) and the abysmal incompetence they show when things go wrong.............and on AC things ALWAYS go wrong.

The only reason I will ever set foot on AC metal is when I have to go to Canada for work. I have moaned in numerous places about AC and the herculean effort I will undertake to avoid them. Last month I took Alaska from Victoria to Seattle then to Boston. I could have taken Victoria to Toronto then Boston. Connection was better for AC. Price was better on AC. Departure time was better on AC...........I still choose Alaska.

Burn me once, shame on AC
Burn me twice, shame on me

Well I've been scorched by this ridiculous airline so many times I am about to buy some flame retardant clothes.
The answer to the Ops question is yes. You will get one small drink around meal time.

If you want or need more, I find wandering around to the cabin (with cup) and asking if you could have another is generally met with a good response. Ideally you would do this while the seatbelt sign is off.

Unless you are physically disabled and unable to easily move around, I would avoid the use of the call button unless really required.

ACs earphones are somewhat poor. Pack your own. Same applies to the snack before landing, or grab one in Rome. Your doctor will thank you.
Quote: The answer to the Ops question is yes. You will get one small drink around meal time.

If you want or need more, I find wandering around to the cabin (with cup) and asking if you could have another is generally met with a good response. Ideally you would do this while the seatbelt sign is off.

Unless you are physically disabled and unable to easily move around, I would avoid the use of the call button unless really required.

ACs earphones are somewhat poor. Pack your own. Same applies to the snack before landing, or grab one in Rome. Your doctor will thank you.
+1 ^
Quote: The answer to the Ops question is yes. You will get one small drink around meal time.

+1.

It's ECONOMY class. Let's be realistic - Don't expect the FA's to be walking around with bottles wine offering refills to the 400 or so pax they have to serve. I don't think I've seen that type of bottle service on any airline in economy.
Agree with other posters. I find service in AC hit or miss. The best way to get a drink after meal service is to go to the back and apologize for taking up their time and then ask politely if you can get another drink. Or else the only way you'll know they are there is during duty free sales or when they are having a loud conversation in the galley.
Cabin Crews do regular walk throughs offering bottled water throughout the course of the night, during the lights out period. I consider this an opportunity for interaction with our Customers who happen to be awake. And so, should H2O not be your thing, by all means request the beverage of your choice. And yes, alternatively, call bells can be used.
The economy wine is those little plastic bottles if I recall correctly, not served or refilled from the big glass bottle. That said, I have had more than one little plastic bottle once or twice.
thanks for all replies
my question was - is it possible to buy the drink during the flight? is there a service like that?
thx!