Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 20, 17, 11:59 am   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 9
Air Canada Toronto Rome Economy class - is alcohol served?

Hi to All,
we are flying from Toronto to Rome in economy class. Quick question: do they sell alcohol? Like air canada cafe? what are the options for extra alcohol?
thx!
IngaHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:05 pm   #2
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus
  
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: UA 1K/1.98 MM; SPG Lifetime Plat (and now MR Plat); HH Gold; Nat'l Executive.
Posts: 11,560
IngaHansen, welcome to FlyerTalk! Your question will likely get more replies in the dedicated forum for Air Canada. I'll move your thread to that forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Ocn Vw 1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:07 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto - YYZ
Programs: AC Aeroplan / DL SkyMiles / Hyatt Platinum / SPG Gold / HiltonHonors / Fairmont / Marriott / Accor
Posts: 4,900
International includes:

Complementary Bar Service Including Beer, Wine & Spirits
Complementary Meal Service
Complementary Entertainment including headsets
ACYYZ/SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:14 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Providence RI
Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Posts: 753
They do, however don't expect Air Canada flight attendants to be wandering up and down the aisle looking to see if you want another drink.

They want to get you on, get into the air, give you a meal, give you a drink, clear the trays, sit down for 7 hours to read, sleep, complain about the company they work for, then give you a little sandwich and a water before landing.

If you do see an flight attendant walking through economy class on a long flight it is with a purpose. They put their heads down, get a scowl, build up a head of steam and rocket through economy so quickly it's a wonder Canada doesn't win Gold, Silver and Bronze every Olympic Games in that 'Race Walking' competition. They will do all this while refusing to make any eye contact and pretending not to hear any customers requests.

Get an aisle seat and wander back to where they all hide from the customers, then you will get a drink.
The smallest state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:18 pm   #5
  
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by The smallest state View Post

Get an aisle seat and wander back to where they all hide from the customers, then you will get a drink.
Pretty much.

I usually pack some chocolates or something in my carry on, go to the service area early in the flight for some reason, talk with them a bit, and throw down the chocolates for the FA crew. That usually leads to a smile and assistance later in the flight when I wander back to grab a drink.
Rendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:24 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Posts: 18,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by The smallest state View Post
They do, however don't expect Air Canada flight attendants to be wandering up and down the aisle looking to see if you want another drink.

They want to get you on, get into the air, give you a meal, give you a drink, clear the trays, sit down for 7 hours to read, sleep, complain about the company they work for, then give you a little sandwich and a water before landing.

If you do see an flight attendant walking through economy class on a long flight it is with a purpose. They put their heads down, get a scowl, build up a head of steam and rocket through economy so quickly it's a wonder Canada doesn't win Gold, Silver and Bronze every Olympic Games in that 'Race Walking' competition. They will do all this while refusing to make any eye contact and pretending not to hear any customers requests.

Get an aisle seat and wander back to where they all hide from the customers, then you will get a drink.
So, in a better AC world, what do you want?
yyznomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:41 pm   #7
  
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Too many to remember
Programs: Too tired to care
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
So, in a better AC world, what do you want?
Agreed - But of course Smalleststate always free to choose other airlines if AC so bad, in this case Alitalia - who by the way has improving reputation with new Etihad owners
skybluesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:44 pm   #8
  
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Providence RI
Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
So, in a better AC world, what do you want?
Service comparable to what Japan Airlines or most other competent airlines will offer. FA's that will go up and down the aisles looking to see if anyone needs anything, doesn't mean you have to do it every 5 minutes, but every 30 would be nice.

You seriously are not thinking AC's level of "service" (term used very generously) is the norm do you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by skybluesea View Post
Agreed - But of course Smalleststate always free to choose other airlines if AC so bad, in this case Alitalia - who by the way has improving reputation with new Etihad owners
I do.

The reason I avoid Air Canada like the plague is the below average service, rude employees (not all, but a very determined 10-20% who hate their jobs, hate the company and hate pax) and the abysmal incompetence they show when things go wrong.............and on AC things ALWAYS go wrong.

The only reason I will ever set foot on AC metal is when I have to go to Canada for work. I have moaned in numerous places about AC and the herculean effort I will undertake to avoid them. Last month I took Alaska from Victoria to Seattle then to Boston. I could have taken Victoria to Toronto then Boston. Connection was better for AC. Price was better on AC. Departure time was better on AC...........I still choose Alaska.

Burn me once, shame on AC
Burn me twice, shame on me

Well I've been scorched by this ridiculous airline so many times I am about to buy some flame retardant clothes.

Last edited by The smallest state; Apr 20, 17 at 3:51 pm
The smallest state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 4:06 pm   #9
  
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: E35K
Posts: 1,543
The answer to the Ops question is yes. You will get one small drink around meal time.

If you want or need more, I find wandering around to the cabin (with cup) and asking if you could have another is generally met with a good response. Ideally you would do this while the seatbelt sign is off.

Unless you are physically disabled and unable to easily move around, I would avoid the use of the call button unless really required.

ACs earphones are somewhat poor. Pack your own. Same applies to the snack before landing, or grab one in Rome. Your doctor will thank you.
jc94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 4:07 pm   #10
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Posts: 18,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
The answer to the Ops question is yes. You will get one small drink around meal time.

If you want or need more, I find wandering around to the cabin (with cup) and asking if you could have another is generally met with a good response. Ideally you would do this while the seatbelt sign is off.

Unless you are physically disabled and unable to easily move around, I would avoid the use of the call button unless really required.

ACs earphones are somewhat poor. Pack your own. Same applies to the snack before landing, or grab one in Rome. Your doctor will thank you.
+1
yyznomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 4:29 pm   #11
  
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: AC SE100k, SPG Gold, National Exec
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
The answer to the Ops question is yes. You will get one small drink around meal time.

If you want or need more, I find wandering around to the cabin (with cup) and asking if you could have another is generally met with a good response. Ideally you would do this while the seatbelt sign is off.

Unless you are physically disabled and unable to easily move around, I would avoid the use of the call button unless really required.

ACs earphones are somewhat poor. Pack your own. Same applies to the snack before landing, or grab one in Rome. Your doctor will thank you.
+1.

It's ECONOMY class. Let's be realistic - Don't expect the FA's to be walking around with bottles wine offering refills to the 400 or so pax they have to serve. I don't think I've seen that type of bottle service on any airline in economy.
Diabeetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 4:32 pm   #12
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: ba silver
Posts: 142
Agree with other posters. I find service in AC hit or miss. The best way to get a drink after meal service is to go to the back and apologize for taking up their time and then ask politely if you can get another drink. Or else the only way you'll know they are there is during duty free sales or when they are having a loud conversation in the galley.
stevendorechester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 4:37 pm   #13
  
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto - YYZ
Programs: AC Aeroplan / DL SkyMiles / Hyatt Platinum / SPG Gold / HiltonHonors / Fairmont / Marriott / Accor
Posts: 4,900
Cabin Crews do regular walk throughs offering bottled water throughout the course of the night, during the lights out period. I consider this an opportunity for interaction with our Customers who happen to be awake. And so, should H2O not be your thing, by all means request the beverage of your choice. And yes, alternatively, call bells can be used.
ACYYZ/SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 4:38 pm   #14
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Posts: 3,297
The economy wine is those little plastic bottles if I recall correctly, not served or refilled from the big glass bottle. That said, I have had more than one little plastic bottle once or twice.
flyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 17, 5:03 pm   #15
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 9
thanks for all replies
my question was - is it possible to buy the drink during the flight? is there a service like that?
thx!
IngaHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top