Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Toronto Rome Economy class - is alcohol served?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Toronto Rome Economy class - is alcohol served?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skybluesea
how did folks let this suggestion pass - BOB is NOT permitted by way of federal regulation, including any duty free you buy on board.

but of course you can always get tanked just before boarding in the lounge/airport restaurant - but do it very close to departure before the alcohol really impacts you and Boarding agent might just miss you - otherwise may not get to board in first place.

(of course, NOT good idea as we need fewer not more impaired persons on airplanes)
BOB is "Buy On Board". Like every North American flight.

btw...where in Canada does Small State travel to that is NOT served by an AC competitor of some kind? Curious to know what tiny spot in Canada has only AC? Especially since Small State tells long story of using Alaska to avoid AC - fess up please ?
@The smallest state seems to chime into every thread with an extremely angry attitude towards AC. Not sure why.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I would like a Space Shuttle, about as realistic.
Disagree entirely. Japan Airlines is another airline. They fly competitive routes and for similar prices. The Space Shuttle hasn't flown since 2003 and never let on paying passengers.

btw...where in Canada does Small State travel to that is NOT served by an AC competitor of some kind? Curious to know what tiny spot in Canada has only AC? Especially since Small State tells long story of using Alaska to avoid AC - fess up please ?
Its the company I work for, the girl who does our bookings goes through a site and Air Canada has the most routes and the most planes. She knows I don't like AC but sometimes she either has to put me on AC metal or the price is so much better that they cannot justify the cost. Since AC pulled out of Providence a few years ago it actually makes things worse for me. I now have to bounce through Chicago or NY.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
@The smallest state seems to chime into every thread with an extremely angry attitude towards AC. Not sure why.
I'll say this. I'm sorry if I am over the top. I have defended them on occasion and don't want to sound like a broken record or a Lukacs-bot. The short version (and there is a really long version) is I once was bounced from a flight from St. Johns NL to Halifax. So the gate agent put me on another plane to Halifax. It landed in Deer Lake first.............and they cancelled the flight to Halifax. I finally got AC to admit that the agent in charge absolutely knew the Deer Lake to Halifax flight wasn't going to take off. I was the last flight into Deer Lake and I hung around to get my luggage. Well the luggage was sent on the original flight. An RCMP officer told me all the AC employees had left. I get to Deer Lake airport in the morning and the flight was full and nobody knew who I was. I then was flown back to St. John's, spent another night and then to Halifax. (where my luggage was left against a wall with 4 other bags. Just abandoned.....like me). Then I never got the airmiles for the two flights involving Deer Lake, Aeroplan called it "cancelling segments" or "counter segments" or something like that.

The whole time I was treated by some employees who were nice, some employees who were rude and one lady who as I walked away told the next person in line "sorry for the wait, I to work with a stupid American". I turned around, walked back up to her and it was ON!!!!! That led to my second interaction with the RCMP.

Anyways.............I'm don't want to continually bang on AC, they seem to have an inordinately high number of rude employees. One of the things that I love about Canada are the people and the calm, laissez-faire attitude. I should probably adopt that.............

Last edited by The smallest state; Apr 21, 2017 at 12:40 pm Reason: I'm not the best speller in the world
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Excellent, I was recently accused by someone else on another thread of being a corporate schill, and now your saying I'm attacking AC at every instance.

Likely means I'm being fair to both sides of the pro/con AC divide.

As it should be, and now time to board AC007, so signing off for a few weeks take care everyone
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I think Canadiancow was talking about me, not you.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Excellent, I was recently accused by someone else on another thread of being a corporate schill, and now your saying I'm attacking AC at every instance.

Likely means I'm being fair to both sides of the pro/con AC divide.

As it should be, and now time to board AC007, so signing off for a few weeks take care everyone
Originally Posted by The smallest state
I think Canadiancow was talking about me, not you.
Yeah, and I'm not sure how I could have possibly made that more clear
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
+1.

It's ECONOMY class. Let's be realistic - Don't expect the FA's to be walking around with bottles wine offering refills to the 400 or so pax they have to serve. I don't think I've seen that type of bottle service on any airline in economy.

Except on South African airways. They offer you two bottles of wine or beer when you ask for it the first time. And then they do another round after dinner service.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Except on South African airways. They offer you two bottles of wine or beer when you ask for it the first time. And then they do another round after dinner service.
AC FA's will give you two bottles - just ask.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by cooleddie
I remember a flight on TAP where the FA just gave two bottles by default to everyone without asking. That was a "loud" flight.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by IngaHansen
thanks for all replies
my question was - is it possible to buy the drink during the flight? is there a service like that?
thx!
EDIT: Oops, question was answered above - stupid mobile interface not showing the entire thread...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.