Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Toronto Rome Economy class - is alcohol served?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Toronto Rome Economy class - is alcohol served?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
+1.

It's ECONOMY class. Let's be realistic - Don't expect the FA's to be walking around with bottles wine offering refills to the 400 or so pax they have to serve. I don't think I've seen that type of bottle service on any airline in economy.
Agreed - probably not overly realistic, although it can be done. Right after serving the meal trays, FAs on LH do a quick walk down the aisle offering white or red wine refills (from standard sized bottles), occasionally even two rounds (no other drinks, and you must have your plastic cup ready)

Not sure what the SOP is in AC Y, but IIRC there were usually two rounds of drinks using the trolley (= full bar), plus FAs offering water every few hours later during the flight (plus you can of course walk to the galley and ask for another drink of your choice)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IngaHansen
thanks for all replies
my question was - is it possible to buy the drink during the flight? is there a service like that?
thx!
All alcoholic drinks are free on int'l long-haul flights on AC mainline. Therefore there are no drinks for sale.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Apr 20, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
International includes:

Complementary Bar Service Including Beer, Wine & Spirits
Complementary Meal Service
Complementary Entertainment including headsets
Did you pull that from AC's copy (in which case ac needs new copywriters) or do you just have trouble delineating between what is free vs what is harmonious?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
If you're on Rouge there is no bubbly on tatl flights, and it's BOB for all alcohol. Currently shown as mainline but Yul to fco is rouged, so pays to be aware.

Last edited by kwflyer; Apr 20, 2017 at 5:33 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by kwflyer
Did you pull that from AC's copy (in which case ac needs new copywriters) or do you just have trouble delineating between what is free vs what is harmonious?
Harmonious trumps acrimonious.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Harmonious trumps acrimonious.
Something those tatl FAs don't understand

Or what's complimentary vs complementary
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
+1.

It's ECONOMY class. Let's be realistic - Don't expect the FA's to be walking around with bottles wine offering refills to the 400 or so pax they have to serve. I don't think I've seen that type of bottle service on any airline in economy.
My last KL TATL in Y had FAs passing out mini-bottles of wine every so often throughout the flight. The service was superb.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
All alcoholic drinks are free on int'l long-haul flights on AC mainline. Therefore there are drinks for sale.
Presumably you meant "Therefore there are no drinks for sale"
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
If you're on Rouge there is no bubbly on tatl flights, and it's BOB for all alcohol. Currently shown as mainline but Yul to fco is rouged, so pays to be aware.
I'm flying YUL-FCO in July, and the flights are mainline, not Rouge. Flights AC892 and AC893. Are you sure YUL-FCO is Rouge?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
I'm flying YUL-FCO in July, and the flights are mainline, not Rouge. Flights AC892 and AC893. Are you sure YUL-FCO is Rouge?
YUL-FCO was "mainlined" back last year.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Presumably you meant "Therefore there are no drinks for sale"
Yes - thanks for pointing that out.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by IngaHansen
thanks for all replies
my question was - is it possible to buy the drink during the flight? is there a service like that?
thx!
No need to pay. It is complimentary
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:16 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Service comparable to what Japan Airlines
I would like a Space Shuttle, about as realistic.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
and it's BOB for all alcohol
how did folks let this suggestion pass - BOB is NOT permitted by way of federal regulation, including any duty free you buy on board.

but of course you can always get tanked just before boarding in the lounge/airport restaurant - but do it very close to departure before the alcohol really impacts you and Boarding agent might just miss you - otherwise may not get to board in first place.

(of course, NOT good idea as we need fewer not more impaired persons on airplanes)
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by The smallest state
The only reason I will ever set foot on AC metal is when I have to go to Canada for work.
Well, just an anecdote, but I flew AC from FCO-YYZ last Fall, and plenty of Americans were connecting to U.S. - in fact, 7-8 in front end were group of travelers just coming from Med cruise on their way back to Houston. They seemed perfectly content, and when reaching YYZ watched them head to bypass directly to U.S. Preclearance. All seemed very happy in talking to them all the way through the terminal - interesting folks - admittedly though up front FA bit more attentive.

btw...where in Canada does Small State travel to that is NOT served by an AC competitor of some kind? Curious to know what tiny spot in Canada has only AC? Especially since Small State tells long story of using Alaska to avoid AC - fess up please ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.