Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Party Flight - Land YQB in a 767! April 29, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Party Flight - Land YQB in a 767! April 29, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
But Y, its a 767
If I had known earlier I could have rerouted my returning to YYZ with a pit stop in YQB somehow on April 29th ugh/
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ugh I need to book a flight back from YQB.

I'm thinking doing some crazy Aeroplan routing like YQB-YUL-YOW-YYZ-YYC-YEG-YVR-SFO.

Anyone want to hop around the continent on the Sunday?

Last edited by canadiancow; Apr 14, 2017 at 11:52 pm Reason: specify routing
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh I need to book a flight back from YQB.

I'm thinking doing some crazy Aeroplan routing like YQB-YUL-YOW-YYZ-YYC-YEG-YVR-SFO.

Anyone want to hop around the continent on the Sunday?
I want my rum until 14:30 at least... and I want my scotch in YQB before it's too late for those with families... Already booked flights on each end too, but not trailing the cow after YQB...

maybe YQB-YYZ-ORD-LAX-NRT-BKK-FRA-IAD for Monday?

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Apr 15, 2017 at 1:03 am
Old Apr 14, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by jasdou
I am a lowly E50K so am not high enough in the food chain to be able to book a seat on that flight but I could be convinced to attend a YQB do, if I'm around of course!
If another E75k/SE is going, s/he might be able to +1 you. It looks like it should be a lot of fun!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:57 pm

Okay, this do is cancelled, due to AC not honoring the guaranteed reservations in economy class for Super Elites. We had four people booked.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Ok, I do have to ask why. Outside of some really expensive Y tickets you'd likely cause some pax to get IDB, not because you need to get somewhere, but for a do?

What rationale did AC have for not honouring the SE reservations?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
Ok, I do have to ask why. Outside of some really expensive Y tickets you'd likely cause some pax to get IDB, not because you need to get somewhere, but for a do?

What rationale did AC have for not honouring the SE reservations?
In my case, they said they cancelled the flight (they did not).

They gave a different explanation to the other SE. I'll let him post if he wants to.

They rebooked me onto MBJ-YYZ-YQB, which, on the surface, is fine. Except that when I booked MBJ-YQB, MBJ-YYZ-YQB had some much lower fare classes available. Now it's Y0. I could have saved hundreds of dollars by picking that set of flights in the first place, but now I'm stuck at the premium I paid for a mainline non-stop flight. No thanks.

Next time there's an interesting flight, we'll try this again.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Okay, this do is cancelled, due to AC not honoring the guaranteed reservations in economy class for Super Elites. We had four people booked.

You guys should file a complaint.

(Has anybody figured out the reason for this flight?)
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev

You guys should file a complaint.

(Has anybody figured out the reason for this flight?)
maybe I will join the party of rejections and then can be part of the class action lawsuit.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I want my rum until 14:30 at least... and I want my scotch in YQB before it's too late for those with families... Already booked flights on each end too, but not trailing the cow after YQB...

maybe YQB-YYZ-ORD-LAX-NRT-BKK-FRA-IAD for Monday?
You will enjoy the jw red in the salon VIP. I will tell the cleaning staff to hold off on mopig Theo ensure a full bottle for your arrival 😀
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
In my case, they said they cancelled the flight (they did not).

They gave a different explanation to the other SE. I'll let him post if he wants to.

They rebooked me onto MBJ-YYZ-YQB, which, on the surface, is fine. Except that when I booked MBJ-YQB, MBJ-YYZ-YQB had some much lower fare classes available. Now it's Y0. I could have saved hundreds of dollars by picking that set of flights in the first place, but now I'm stuck at the premium I paid for a mainline non-stop flight. No thanks.

Next time there's an interesting flight, we'll try this again.
You'll have a cbsa welcoming party at yyz now though.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:55 am

Yeah, the flight was "cancelled".
Attached Images  
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:16 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
cow, if the guaranteed reservation was full Y, shouldn't it have been fully refundable? If so, when AC shut down the game you guys were trying to play, why not just cancel it, get your refund and be done with it?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
cow, if the guaranteed reservation was full Y, shouldn't it have been fully refundable? If so, when AC shut down the game you guys were trying to play, why not just cancel it, get your refund and be done with it?
We did get a refund. The issue is that we wanted to fly that flight, and by the time they "cancelled" it (i.e. decided not to honor the advertised perk of guaranteed reservations in economy class), the alternative flights were also full.

So while we were willing to pay the full Y premium for MBJ-YQB, we were not willing to pay the same premium for MBJ-YYZ-YQB, given that we could have had it much cheaper when we originally booked MBJ-YQB.

All I've learned from this is that "guaranteed reservations in economy class" are not actually guaranteed.

They're just lucky my SFO-MBJ and hotel were refundable, and I hadn't booked YQB-SFO yet.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
While I understand you feel cheated, does the privilege say that you gave to get on that flight? Or just from O to D?

Honestly asking, as I've never had my ticket cancelled if I used the benefit before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.