Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Avianca and Copa reward seats not viewable on Aeroplan.ca

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca and Copa reward seats not viewable on Aeroplan.ca

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 24left
What problems have been solved so far?

My suggestion for screen shots was simply to make it easier for some people to understand the differences in availability.

But thanks to this poster, we have some posted on the French-language link he included

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28314249-post77.html
Will screen shots stop people from complaining or speculating or starting new threads? A large percentage of this blog is complaining and speculating.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
Will screen shots stop people from complaining or speculating or starting new threads? A large percentage of this blog is complaining and speculating.
OMG, I had no idea.

OK, I get it, None of you who are complaining about my idea for screen shots agree with me or see my point.

I withdraw my suggestion and everyone can carry-on as before.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors, Le Club Accor Platinum
OMG, I had no idea.

OK, I get it, None of you who are complaining about my idea for screen shots agree with me or see my point.

I withdraw my suggestion and everyone can carry-on as before.
Don't get me wrong 24left, I see your point, I just don't think it will solve the problem you want solved.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by 1011TriStar
Don't get me wrong 24left, I see your point, I just don't think it will solve the problem you want solved.
Understood. Thanks.

My other idea would be to stand outside Aimia's and AC's front doors with pitchforks, but no one would see the humour in that, especially here in the nanny-state run by puritans.

I'm guessing when this "not bookable" problem spreads to other usually bookable partners, things may change.
Old May 15, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I'm guessing when this "not bookable" problem spreads to other usually bookable partners, things may change.
It has spread... Started with CA... ok that may have been technical, although it was quickly fixed by other programs... then AV and CM got blocked.. then LX....

any bets whats next - TK, BR, SQ?
Old May 15, 2017, 1:23 pm

What other Star Alliance airlines fly to Brazil?

I see that Air Canada does Sao Paolo but I haven't found any others yet. I'm starting from YYZ.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:42 pm

This is frustrating.

Trying to book YEG - UIO (or GPS) with a stopover in MGA.

With AV, CM & UA blocked... the majority of central and N. South American destinations are gone...
Old May 21, 2017, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
https://www5.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...110_2017_05_19

We're aware that technical difficulties are making it difficult to book flight rewards with four carriers - Air China, Avianca, Copa and SWISS.

These are separate issues related to the different inventory systems of the concerned airlines. We appreciate the inconvenience that these disruptions may be causing you.

We are working closely with all stakeholders from the affected airlines to ensure that the situation is resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Old May 21, 2017, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Why aren't award seats available to be booked from a one-stop Global Distribution System (no individual interfacing needed with each airline) , the same way revenue seats are ?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:58 am

Understood. Thanks.

My other idea would be to stand outside Aimia's and AC's front doors with pitchforks, but no one would see the humour in that, especially here in the nanny-state run by puritans.

Ha, I can only image what happens if you tried standing somewhere with pitchforks in SIN. Buy some "cheap" wine and chillax.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetLife
What other Star Alliance airlines fly to Brazil?

I see that Air Canada does Sao Paolo but I haven't found any others yet. I'm starting from YYZ.
Not in Italy. It's Paulo, not Paolo.

But yes, UA, LH, TP, Avianca and and TK definitely fly there. Not sure about SQ. Avianca Brasil is a member, and GOL is either a member or some sort of associate.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by tcook052

We're aware that technical difficulties are making it difficult to book flight rewards with four carriers - Air China, Avianca, Copa and SWISS.

These are separate issues related to the different inventory systems of the concerned airlines. We appreciate the inconvenience that these disruptions may be causing you.

We are working closely with all stakeholders from the affected airlines to ensure that the situation is resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
yah i saw that too a couple days ago and LOL'ed my arse off. after so many complaints (and years of the with respect to aviance/copa) they decided to make a posting but still do nothing about it. i just got back from SA via UA. But am looking to go again before November but sadly no avianca/copa to help me get there.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Dai.Lo
yah i saw that too a couple days ago and LOL'ed my arse off. after so many complaints (and years of the with respect to aviance/copa) they decided to make a posting but still do nothing about it. i just got back from SA via UA. But am looking to go again before November but sadly no avianca/copa to help me get there.
There should be a pool on when this will get fixed.
Reminds me of when AC had COMING SOON online seat selection for months... and it never came....

I pick July 2020.
Old May 24, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, AC SE
Originally Posted by tcook052

Let us translate Amia corporate speak into english.

We don't want you to redeem on these airlines and are using technical issues as an excuse. We don't really care that it inconveniences you.

We say we're working to resolve these problems, but we're really freaking out about Air Canada dropping us like a hot potato.

In the meantime, f you. Now go spend money on your aeroplan card. Maybe one day you can get a toaster.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:29 pm

Anything new on this? I saw Swiss is now bookable but no progress on COPA or Avianca?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.