Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

You've come a long way in 30 years,acysb87

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You've come a long way in 30 years,acysb87

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Congrats on the milestone! And I had always assumed that "87" was your birth year... if that's actually the case, then cheers to an even more remarkable achievement
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Congrats especially with that tarmac to tarmac lifestyle that you start and end each trip with.

I am still a couple of years behind. My mom and brother always bugged me to join but I said "I don't fly enough" (HAH!) so didn't for quite a few years. My mom and my brother were enjoying free trips, hotels, rental cars and I was just slogging through airports with no distinction. What a difference a few decades makes (still slogging through airports and near extinction!)
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Congrats especially with that tarmac to tarmac lifestyle that you start and end each trip with.

I am still a couple of years behind. My mom and brother always bugged me to join but I said "I don't fly enough" (HAH!) so didn't for quite a few years. My mom and my brother were enjoying free trips, hotels, rental cars and I was just slogging through airports with no distinction. What a difference a few decades makes (still slogging through airports and near extinction!)
"tarmac to tarmac" service ,another FT term coined by someone on AC-FT ,IIRC.^
Not sure what prompted me to join AE but was not mom or brother(s). Many meetings at Toronto and many YSB/YYZ r/ts ,weekly.

Was off a flight(s) from BGI/YYZ/YSB on February 15th at 12:10am . Car was under 30cm of snow and ice and the back left tire was low on air, Took half an hour to get that "stuff" off, windchill was -30C. Dropped Mrs.acysb87 off at home and was back at YSB for 5am for a YSB/YYZ/PHX flight. Flight went mechanical at YSB (hydraulic issues) and arrived YYZ at 1130 (missed PHX cnx) and stayed at YYZ airport hotel until 20:55 departure on ACr to PHX that got me to hotel PHX at 23:50 local time. I felt that I was near extinction that night/day/night.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Congrats! At first I thought you were referring to being born in 1987 as well.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Op, let me join the string of folks congratulating you on your accomplishment of getting old. May you live to enjoy your 60th year with AE.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
Received a note from Aeroplan yesterday that notes the following;

"You've been an Aeroplan® Member for 30 years now, and we're excited to celebrate this momentous occasion with you. We hope the miles you've earned since joining the program have been transformed into truly memorable travels and rewarding experiences.

Let's take a look at just how far you've come in 30 years: "

Accumulated over 6 million AE miles and redeemed for 118 flights. No merchandise or hotels.

I found it interesting
I wonder how Aeroplan selects who to send such congratulatory email and who would not get one.

I joined in 1985 and I did not receive any email to thank me for being an Aeroplan member for 30 years in 2015.

Aeroplan: Go jump in the lake.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
One of my "goals" with points was to take Mrs. acysb87 to YYZ(Penticton) to do a wine run in June this year. We will be doing so,again
I hope you swap that Z for an F before you book, or else your wine might be of the sweet Niagara variety.

Da Nang Viet Nam and Sydney Australia are also on my list. Need the time to spend the time
Excellent! Too many people, if I may haughtily declare, use their miles to do quick turns and never see their destinations beyond what's outside their airplane or terminal window. Isn't the entire point of traveling to actually travel? Enjoy your trips, and congrats on your 30 years. I just hit my 20th with Aeroplan (no email), and was a reluctant joiner after being a Canadi>n customer for many years.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:29 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I just hit my 20th with Aeroplan (no email), and was a reluctant joiner after being a Canadi>n customer for many years.
Ditto. I can still spot a Canadian alumnus in-charge or even a CSA on the phone a mile away. Just something about them.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I'm coming up to my 30-year Aeroplan anniversary soon too, wonder whether I'll get an e-mail...
Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Congrats! Also I'm sad I didn't get this email.... I wonder what the qualifications are beyond 30 years with AP.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
Congratulations!

I've received the 25 years congratulations last week, April 12, to the day exactly 25 years after I first enrolled.

Never thought I'd flown that much, and converted that many miles, but I guess, with all the years gone by... lol

4 Million miles accumulation
3,2 Million miles redeemed (124 flights, 0 hotels, 3 retail thingies)

Last edited by LeisureMiler; Apr 17, 2017 at 7:13 am Reason: Removed personal info added info myself
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
I have been with AP since the early 90s, wonder if they send out a complimentary email for 25 years?
For 25th, I and a few others received a world map with our top 10 destinations printed on, along with red and white pins to stick in to mark
places visited or those on the bucket list.

Mine is still hanging above my desk, my top 10 destinations were:
YUL, SIN, ICN, BKK, TPE, CGK, YVR, HKG, NRT, PVG.

Actually. looking at it again - it was for 25 years status, not 25 years membership.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
For 25th, I and a few others received a world map with our top 10 destinations printed on, along with red and white pins to stick in to mark
places visited or those on the bucket list.

Mine is still hanging above my desk, my top 10 destinations were:
YUL, SIN, ICN, BKK, TPE, CGK, YVR, HKG, NRT, PVG.

Actually. looking at it again - it was for 25 years status, not 25 years membership.
In your example, what's the difference between status and membership?

Last edited by Bartolo; Apr 17, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
OP must have been very nice to AC over the years.

My MM account identifies June 5, 1986 as my start date, and NO letter yet - maybe sign I should stop sending in complaint letters when service sucks.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Bartolo
In your example, what's the difference between stays and membership?
25 years membership would be just that.
25 years status means 25 years E/SE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.