Wiki Posts
Search

A Full Cabin of SEs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
A Full Cabin of SEs

On AC 145 Thursday, the SD took food order from front to back. Because I was sited in 8K, I was last asked. My choice was not available. Just for curiosity, I asked if status protocol was followed. She said there was no need to do so because all 24 seats in the J cabin were occupied by SEs. I have never experienced that and wondered if you have. Even if every seat was occupied by a SE, were they all the SEs similarly ranked i.e, MM, 2MM.....?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Lllahim
On AC 145 Thursday, the SD took food order from front to back. Because I was sited in 8K, I was last asked. My choice was not available. Just for curiosity, I asked if status protocol was followed. She said there was no need to do so because all 24 seats in the J cabin were occupied by SEs. I have never experienced that and wondered if you have. Even if every seat was occupied by a SE, were they all the SEs similarly ranked i.e, MM, 2MM.....?
Yes, once, YVR-YYZ. Also, the MMs were asked first. (20 J, it was a 788.)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lllahim
The official order does not distinguish between SM and SE.

And there is no way for an SD to know whether you're 1MM, 2MM, or 50MM.

I just don't believe it. One time on a not-full 763, I was in 8K, and asked last. I commented on it (not complaining, as my choice was available), and she realized she'd missed me and tried to cover it up with "oh there's a lot of SEs up here".
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:48 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
24 SEs in J seems a stretch for any route, even YYZ-YYC.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
+1
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
It is not uncommon, I have a couple of friends that became an IC within the past year, and they remarked about a couple of full cabin SE flights they operated over the past few weeks. Biggest remark was the number of complaints they heard from a couple of special snowflake SEs that didn't like the fact that they weren't asked first for their meals and didn't get their preference.

We had a good chuckle, like there aren't worse things that could happen during travels.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I've had this two times on YYC-YYZ but not on a widebody. Only found out both times as the last SE's picking were upset that they were SE and didn't get their meal choice lol!!!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
End of January and all of February could be 'special' times- ie there are more than the usual number of SEs....Those not able to renew their SE status for next year are still SE in Jan/Feb , and then we have a whole new batch that have qualified and have already been recognised as SE.

My guess is that if there is a cabin full of SE flyers, it would more than likely happen in Jan/Feb.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Maybe not. But as a SE*MM (2MM) I am almost always asked first or second.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Plumber
Maybe not. But as a SE*MM (2MM) I am almost always asked first or second.
When I've flown with SEMM or SE2MM on this forum (actually 2 different SE2MM's) I always get asked before them.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

Why is that? Does the boarding pass / manifest say ACMM under remarks also for 2MM or 3MM people?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Why is that? Does the boarding pass / manifest say ACMM under remarks also for 2MM or 3MM people?
Yes- My boarding pass only says SE*MM.

AFAIK, that is all the SD and FAs see as well.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Perhaps AC should introduce prebooked meal selection like the service offered by AA for those flying in premium cabins. You can confirm your entrée up to 30-days in advance until 24-hours prior to flight time.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Well, they do know that it isn't a 50MM.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
When I've flown with SEMM or SE2MM on this forum (actually 2 different SE2MM's) I always get asked before them.
Because you're better looking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.