Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada - Navi.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Only in my recent trip to PEK, did I discover this "Navi" hardcopy in the flights.

Perhaps this was also the side effort of rebranding AC with the new livery and uniforms.

I hate it very much that they detach the AC pages from the enRoute, a magazine I love a lot. The route maps pages, AC fleet, the airport terminal maps, and the captain Morris's corner, are all essential pages I love and read from enRoute, for each month.

Not sure what they are going to do with the monthly demand of the contents in this new brochure. If anything, I love to see more key airport terminal maps, including LHR, FRA, NRT, where AC operates many flights.

But the new route maps really really suck!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:24 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Has the magazine been rolled out across the fleet? Two flights in the past two weeks but I didn't see a copy of Navi on either. IAH-YYC last week and YYC-IAH earlier this week. Maybe Jazz doesn't get them?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The only time I've seen Navi (because it's the only time I looked for it) was on YVR-SEA on a Jazz Q400.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:22 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Odd. I'll look for it again next Friday, but that's another CRA IAH-YYC, so if that route or those planes are getting the shaft for some reason, won't do much good.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
24left funny how you mentioned the small writing. That's the first thing I noticed too. So tiny.

Was on my last YYC-YYZ and now on YYZ-GCM . Will definitely bring a copy home. I really love the new livery. Looks super dapper IMO
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Took 4 SkyRegional E175s in March and none of them had copies of NAVI. All my mainline flights did however have copies NAVI onboard.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I read Navi as early as three weeks ago from YVR-HKG. It's great for enthusiasts as there are some hub timetables included as well.
I used to grab the AC printed timetables back in the late 90s as a kid.

Ben Smith also seems to have gone through a redesign as well. Don't remember him having short hair in other published photos.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Only saw this today and because of the similarity to a fictional alien species thought it was an April Fools' joke. All I could think of was "Will Jake Sully be on the cover?"
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
In this issue of Navi,under SE privileges is " Priority Immigration".
I have never encountered that anywhere with AC.

Will they be handing out cards, like BKK, for priority lines?

Or will there be a special entrance into USA Immigration, like SIN or CGK?

Or....?
Also noticed this in the June edition - other than the pass/sleeve provided at LHR (assuming this is what they are referring to?) has anyone encounter this SE privilege anywhere else?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Also noticed this in the June edition - other than the pass/sleeve provided at LHR (assuming this is what they are referring to?) has anyone encounter this SE privilege anywhere else?
LHR and SYD; my personal experience with the "passes".
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
I've always received a pass when flying into LHR, CDG and SYD when travelling in J.

I know the odd SD will hand out a pass to SEs not seated in J, but I wasn't aware this was a published benefit.

Other than that I believe SYD check-in staff hand out fast-track passes to departing SEs, but not 100% sure.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I got a fast lane pass in NRT as *G in PY. That was unexpected. And they had to get someone to open the fast lane to process me so I waited anyway, but maybe not as long as the regular lines.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
24left funny how you mentioned the small writing. That's the first thing I noticed too. So tiny.
IMO
Probably conceived and designed by full self-absorbed mlllenialls, full of their own self-worth, unaware there are entire generations of older folk out there with vision issues.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
I really hate that they take some critical content from enRoute, perhaps some joys as a regular flyer, and make it a little separate book for geeks.

I wish them to return to the enRoute, while publishing once a year this NAVI book.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:29 pm

Intellectual exercise: cost to fly Navi around?

weight x seat capacity x plane type x freqeuncey @ average fuel cost per mile? For whole fleet?

there seems to be no advertising in it unlike EnRoutr which is subsidized by that, so I'm just curious about the business case and cost for flying this thing all over the place

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.