Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Are the Starwood/SPG vouchers in the SE kits this year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Are the Starwood/SPG vouchers in the SE kits this year?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Question Question: Are the Starwood/SPG vouchers in the SE kits this year?

Received my SE Altitude 2017 kit but the only 2 vouchers in the envelope were an info sheet and a $30 duty free boutique coupon. Did anyone else get the Starwood/SPG (ie. Sheraton club upgrade etc) set of coupons this year? I've gotten them the last 2 years and the Altitude site seems to indicate that they should have been included again this year...
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Don't ever recall receiving any SPG upgrades with the SE kit.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by timriley12
.....Did anyone else get the Starwood/SPG (ie. Sheraton club upgrade etc) set of coupons this year? I've gotten them the last 2 years and the Altitude site seems to indicate that they should have been included again this year...
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Don't ever recall receiving any SPG upgrades with the SE kit.
No, just this page

Attached Images  
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Received my SE Altitude 2017 kit but the only 2 vouchers in the envelope were an info sheet and a $30 duty free boutique coupon. Did anyone else get the Starwood/SPG (ie. Sheraton club upgrade etc) set of coupons this year? I've gotten them the last 2 years and the Altitude site seems to indicate that they should have been included again this year...

There were never any Starwood/Sheraton urgrades coupons given out with the SE package.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
There were never any Starwood/Sheraton urgrades coupons given out with the SE package.
But there was a collection that showed up in the mail later on for various items/offers at different SPG brand hotels, but only in Canada.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, for the 2015 and the 2016 years, I have always received included in the SElite kit the following set of vouchers:

Sheraton Club – The Upside of Everything
Two one- time passes to experience Sheraton Club Level, with access to the exclusive Club Lounges, featuring complimentary daily breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres between 5 and 7 p.m. during your eligible stay

Pack Light and Stay Fit with Westin
Two vouchers to enjoy complimentary usage of Westin Gear Lending throughout your eligible stay

Four Points by Sheraton
Two vouchers to start your morning with a complimentary breakfast for one (1) person during your eligible stay

Aloft Hotels
Two vouchers to enjoy an Aloft re:fuel (SM) breakfast for one (1) person during your eligible stay

Element Hotels
Two vouchers each redeemable for a $5.00 Restore pantry credit during your eligible stay

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Oh, you received these separately in a different mailing? (in 2015 and 2016 they were included in the SE altitude kit for me)

Originally Posted by 24left
But there was a collection that showed up in the mail later on for various items/offers at different SPG brand hotels, but only in Canada.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
I paid little attention on AC Starwood info, because I was a Starwood plat member, but i believe SE's got Starwood gold.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Oh, you received these separately in a different mailing? (in 2015 and 2016 they were included in the SE altitude kit for me)
Hmmm, I was sure they arrived in a separate mailing. You might be correct.

Clearly made a limited impression if I don't remember where they came from. That said, when others here were posting about giving away MLL passes etc, I had offered all of my SPG coupons for anyone who does stay at these properties in Canada.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Cool thanks. Yeah I actually do make use of the Sheraton club upgrade coupons each year and so were looking forward to them. I had an exchange with the AC Altitude folks on Twitter and they are going to contact the Altitude team to find out what's going on with the vouchers (and/or if they are giving them out this year).

Hmmm, I was sure they arrived in a separate mailing. You might be correct.

Clearly made a limited impression if I don't remember where they came from. That said, when others here were posting about giving away MLL passes etc, I had offered all of my SPG coupons for anyone who does stay at these properties in Canada.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The SPG stuff was definitely a separate mailing. I thought the 2016 ones were substantially less useful than the 2015 ones though.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

I just got confirmation from the AC Altitude twitter reps that the vouchers will indeed be coming in a separate email in March:

"we've just been advised that these vouchers will be sent out later on in March"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.