Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Contacting Aeroplan from Barbados? 800 number not in service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP SPG HH

Friends are trying to contact Aeroplan from Barbados but the 800 number is not in service. Trying the other number is prohibitive with wait times around 60 minutes. Any suggestions on how to reach Aeroplan?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Use Skype , Google Hangout or similar app/program on a smartphone or computer and call their North America toll-free number.

The call is free - unless using mobile data.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Any other suggestions? The Skype connection is so bad the agent keeps hanging up. This is ridiculous... Aeroplan publishes a toll free number for the Caribbean (same as North America) but it doesn't work and has no online chat as an alternative.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
Any other suggestions? The Skype connection is so bad the agent keeps hanging up. This is ridiculous... Aeroplan publishes a toll free number for the Caribbean (same as North America) but it doesn't work and has no online chat as an alternative.
Not sure this would work but can you call Aeroplan for them, tell the agent you have them online but they can't call from Barbados and ask the agent how to solve it?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

But I am in Barbados as well.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forget it.

What makes you think Aeroplan wants to hear from you? You are not a customer, just a mere sucker, remember?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Collect call?
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
What makes you think Aeroplan wants to hear from you? You are not a customer, just a mere sucker, remember?
I am trying to help a 92 year old veteran and his wife (80 something) deal with the crappy customer service Aeroplan offers. So thanks for your help Stranger but a guy messaged me with a fix that worked and they now have all their issues resolved. Let's hope you never get caught like they did at 92 but if you do maybe a guy will offer you a fix instead of a smart ... comment..
Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I am trying to help a 92 year old veteran and his wife (80 something) deal with the crappy customer service Aeroplan offers. So thanks for your help Stranger but a guy messaged me with a fix that worked and they now have all their issues resolved. Let's hope you never get caught like they did at 92 but if you do maybe a guy will offer you a fix instead of a smart ... comment..
Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved. Sorry I didn't have a better suggestion.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 9:30 pm

Would you be able to post the fix? If not,can you message me....I like to have a "plan" for just in case.

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I can't without his permission as it was bending the rules slightly. He may see your post and message you.
Aeroplan really has to clean up their act. This is not the first time contact problems from outside Canada and the US have been discussed here.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by jubberly
Would you be able to post the fix? If not,can you message me....I like to have a "plan" for just in case.

Thanks!
PM sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.