Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Standby and Upgrade List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by cur

i would just write my name as illegibly as possible then claim disability if someone breaks my balls over it.
That is excellent. Never occurred to me and I will definitely have this in mind
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Which route?
YYZ-DEL. Now J4.

#HoldingBreathAndHoping
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by alc
cur, I didn't see a or in your respond, so, not sure if you are joking or serious. Hence, thought to comment that I think what canopus27 is referring to a flight showing J = 3 available while currently on the waitlist.
Yes, that.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by canopus27
Yes, that.
Oh man, if you don't end up getting a J seat on a YYZ-DEL flight, you should do one of two things:

a) cancel your flight
b) jump off the bridge

Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Oh man, if you don't end up getting a J seat on a YYZ-DEL flight, you should do one of two things:

a) cancel your flight
b) jump off the bridge

What's wrong with being squeezed into a tiny economy seat for 14 hours?

#ShootMeNow
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:41 am

... but back to the topic at hand (visibility of the upgrade list) ...

Man-oh-man, I would kill to know where I stand on the list. Even if I can't change anything, I would prefer to know; should I worry less because I'm #1, or should I accept the fact that there are already multiple 3MM people ahead of me on the list and there's no real chance my upgrade will clear?

I know everything can change at the last minute, but I would still love to know where I stand right now.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by canopus27
What's wrong with being squeezed into a tiny economy seat for 14 hours?

#ShootMeNow
Pshaw, YYZ-HKG is normally 16ish hours. I've done it many, many times in Y
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Pshaw, YYZ-HKG is normally 16ish hours. I've done it many, many times in Y
Thansfully the longest Y flight I have done was AC31 around 14.5 hours counting de-icing time at YYZ, and that was before HD. It's definitely doable if I get enough rest the night before and don't have anything demanding the day after.

Flying J on AC15 allows me to not getting any rest the night before and arrive with almost no jet lag.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Looks like it's back and here to stay. I'm able to access lists for all routes now, not just Rapidair.

But it still seems like it's only on Android for now.

I wish it displayed things like cabin/status/fare class, but I guess that's too much information to share

I'm curious to see how the list handles J standby. United puts you on both screens in inaccurate locations.

But then we're back to my main issue with this UI. They don't make it clear who gets the last J seat - #1 on standby, or #1 on upgrade.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Looks like it's back and here to stay. I'm able to access lists for all routes now, not just Rapidair.

But it still seems like it's only on Android for now.

I wish it displayed things like cabin/status/fare class, but I guess that's too much information to share

I'm curious to see how the list handles J standby. United puts you on both screens in inaccurate locations.

But then we're back to my main issue with this UI. They don't make it clear who gets the last J seat - #1 on standby, or #1 on upgrade.
So, if I ask a check in agent or concierge or gate agent where I am on the list, I won't get the usual BS runaround? I'll get a straight and direct answer? No, "your chances are looking good/bad" or "sorry not allowed to tell you" drivel?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So, if I ask a check in agent or concierge or gate agent where I am on the list, I won't get the usual BS runaround? I'll get a straight and direct answer? No, "your chances are looking good/bad" or "sorry not allowed to tell you" drivel?
Why not just use the app?

I've found in the past while, they've been much more forthcoming. I had a concierge in one station show me the onload list, and where I was in relation to a friend. I've also had them say "You're 7th for 5 open seats" and similar phrases.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Why not just use the app?

I've found in the past while, they've been much more forthcoming. I had a concierge in one station show me the onload list, and where I was in relation to a friend. I've also had them say "You're 7th for 5 open seats" and similar phrases.
Great, good to know.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
how good of an android device do I need to get the android app so I can see this info? to the best of my knowledge the iOS version doesn't have it yet.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
how good of an android device do I need to get the android app so I can see this info? to the best of my knowledge the iOS version doesn't have it yet.
You'd need something running Android 4.1 or newer. So basically, any phone made since 2012.

Or if you just want to check this on your computer, you can use an Android emulator (download Android Studio), and get the APK from apkpure.com or similar websites.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
You'd need something running Android 4.1 or newer. So basically, any phone made since 2012.

Or if you just want to check this on your computer, you can use an Android emulator (download Android Studio), and get the APK from apkpure.com or similar websites.
great. I am using an old iPhone for my travel phone but I could just as easily use an android device.... OMG what am I saying....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.