Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Time in DEL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Connection Time in DEL

I have a 1:35 connection between AC and AI (AC Codeshare flight). Its been a few years since I was in DEL, do I have to go thru the immigration hall or just run thru security to my next gate.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Immigration, pickup luggage, walk out landslide, checkin at AI, drop off luggage, go through security, get to gate.

It's a tight time, you might want to get help from Lucky or Himani (the concierges there). If you do - tell them I say hi!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the suggestion. I'll reach out to them.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Follow up question, do i need a visa if I'm in transit (between AC and AI)
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:25 pm

I assumed from your first question that you were going domestic - maybe that was a bad assumption. Where are you taking AI to?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:30 pm

No Visa needed for transit int-int.

However, prepare for a really crazy "security" check. 1hrs 35min transit time will be enough if you arrive on time, however, if your incoming flight is delayed, I feel sorry for you already.

I've done connection via India once. The first and the last time, ever.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
No Visa needed for transit int-int.

However, prepare for a really crazy "security" check. 1hrs 35min transit time will be enough if you arrive on time, however, if your incoming flight is delayed, I feel sorry for you already.

I've done connection via India once. The first and the last time, ever.
Sorry, I should have been clear, yea its Intl. transfer on AI. Thanks for the replies, I was confused when I read that I need to clear immigration in DEL to catch my connecting flight, I would have assumed i'd need to get a Visa to do so. I called AC Reservations and they told me "Yes, Sir You need a Visa for a 2 hr stopover". I found that strange and called the India Consulate and they corrected AC by saying I do not.

I appreciate the warning in advance. Last time I few to DEL was via UA82, so I was miserable before I even landed
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:34 pm

Yes, that's my mistake, you won't need to do all that for intl --> intl, I should have asked. But you will still find it tight if there is either a) a line-up at security etc or b) your flight is late coming in.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
I transited DOM-INT in BOM in 1995 when the domestic and international terminals were on different sides of the airfield (not sure if that is still the case). It required a taxi to get from one terminal to the other.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.