Search

incorrect e-ups calcualted

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:53 pm
RZR
Original Poster

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
incorrect e-ups calcualted

Have a LAt Pass . USed e-ups at time of booking. booking has an overnight connection. Was booked online in the flight pass section. It calculated 3 credits instead of 2.
Called in. I explained it must be a glitch due to an overnight connection. Explained that I've had this in the past many times and called in to have it changed. On hold 25 minutes.

Response , Sir, your connection time is more than 10 hours so it calculates 3 credits.

I hung up !

I'm so fed up wasting my time on the phone.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm not convinced the agent is wrong in this case.

For a North American itinerary, a 10 hour connection is not a connection. Therefore the eUp system charges you for each segment.

You'll be able to get a complimentary upgrade at T-48, right, so is it worth the hassle of dealing with this over 1 credit?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:58 pm
RZR
Original Poster

iI, no, it's not worth the hassle off course.

E-up are from point of origin to destination I thought.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by RZR
iI, no, it's not worth the hassle off course.

E-up are from point of origin to destination I thought.
Yes and No, when a NA connection is beyond 4hrs (not 10) it is no longer considered a connection but just 2 different flights on the same file.

I had the same situation in the past doing a YEG-YYZ-MSY with an over night connection in YYZ, it required 2 eupgrades. Considering I was not interested in the red eye, I was ok with this.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:32 pm
RZR
Original Poster

I don’t agree. If you do YUL-LAS with a 10 hour connection in YYZ , it’s 2e-ups on a lat fare with no over night.

I think the overnight is what messes the system up.

Anyhow, It will be free upgrade.

IT is simply just incredibly unreal how Poor AC is at i.t etc. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those of you who fly allot
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by RZR
I don’t agree. If you do YUL-LAS with a 10 hour connection in YYZ , it’s 2e-ups on a lat fare with no over night.
Further to what canadiancow and hearna have said, it's always been my understanding that a connection is <4 hours unless the next available flight is later. So if you fly into YYZ at such a time that the next flight to LAS is in 10 hours, that's probably more of a corner case than something representative of the definition of a connection.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:45 pm

I thought it was 4h, but on the eupgrade system it is 10h apparently. The link to the original terms on the AC website has been changed, and I cannot seem to find the specifics anymore, but if you reference

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-stopover.html

Originally Posted by sinalet
AC explicitly defines this on their eUpgrade site:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...lculation.html
When requesting an upgrade for an entire one-way itinerary, connections will be calculated as follows:
- A connection between two flights wholly within Canada and the United States may last up to 10 hours, even when traveling on an international itinerary.
- A connection between a flight within Canada & the United States and a flight beyond Canada & the United States may last up to 24 hours.
You did not have to start 2 threads about AC's impossible IT, it has been like that for years and will remain like that for years to come.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Funny how everyone blames AC IT, but in this particular case, it looks like AC IT worked as planned.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Funny how everyone blames AC IT, but in this particular case, it looks like AC IT worked as planned.
Indeed. In this case, not a silly IT issue. Just a silly alternate definition of stopover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.