2017 Altitude Program

Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
No, every few months they come out with a new similar one. I don't think anyone has been charged the full credits in a year.
Just to clarify. The promo is the ability to upgrade tango and aeroplan rewards.

Actual changes to the program were also made on Sept 6th, which expanded the booking window, and and reduced the credits. Those changes are here to stay.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
On parental leave
Hey, does this not have the effect increasing babies in the laps of cheapeners?

It's a very unique twist for sure that shows a human element which I applaud. (not being sarcastic)
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: TK *G
With parental leave I see people are more likely to stay with AC. Like, why start from zero with UA/AA/DL while AC still keeps me as an SE.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Is there additional info on the changes to E35k MLL access for family members? I'm on the slow path back to SE100k and will be at E35k for a little while, but in the past having purchased a MLL membership children under 12 didn't count as a guest/family - they were sort of non-entities. I wonder if they will be considered the same for E35ks.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
The erosion of benefits continue. I am really miffed that they have gone after 35K yet again. Worse, they dressed it up as a move to better our experience. Their reason: MLL is overcrowded and by implication the people doing the overcrowding are family members of the downtrodden 35K. But wait, they continue to sell access to non status pax willing to pay a price. They invite the same 35K to buy a MLL Club pack. Face it, it is not overcrowding that is prompting this move. Monetization of MLL space is. When will AC abandon their frustrating "enhancement" language?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by Lllahim
When will AC abandon their frustrating "enhancement" language?
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting . . .
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lllahim
They invite the same 35K to buy a MLL Club pack. Face it, it is not overcrowding that is prompting this move. Monetization of MLL space is.
What percentage of the people affected by this change do you honestly think will buy their way back into the lounge?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by YOWgary
What percentage of the people affected by this change do you honestly think will buy their way back into the lounge?
Very few people will. I know for myself I will barely be impacted by these changes. For the times I travel alone, I will be able to get myself into the lounge. When traveling with friends I'll be able to use my guest passes, and with my parents we all have status so we can all get ourselves into the lounge. For those who are affected by this change, I have a feeling instead of purchasing a MLL club membership they'll just suck it up, use their guest passes and when they run out will sit at the gate.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Honestly I'm dissipointed to not see increases in benifits.
Good morning Sean. We don't really know what they have done with the benefits until we see the select benefits that will come with the status package. Perhaps there will be some surprises in there.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I have no problem with this change if it leads to better food offerings.
But then I've not got an ongoing need to guest people in either.

As to people buying their way back in, probably depends on if the situation within improves.

I don't see it improving overcrowding to any significant extent.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Good morning Sean. We don't really know what they have done with the benefits until we see the select benefits that will come with the status package. Perhaps there will be some surprises in there.
Hi YEG2MM soon to be YEG3MM! You don't feel they would have announced them at the same time to make it look like they were boosting the program?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: AC ALTITUDE SE
Originally Posted by vernonc
Bizarre. Seems like a mini announcement and not the complete package.
I am sure there is more to come . They seem to be using a different strategy this year . A partial list of changes before they hit us hard once again.

My travels are finished this calendar year, a cancelled trip to China.

Can you believe i travelled 170K with a total spend of $25K, but only $18,5K eligible miles ? all sort of reasons , no code share flights beyond AC gateways in Asia and Africa , some flights that i plainly forgot to book under AC* numbers etc .

I don't even make SE100 .

Increasingly disapointing FF program. I'm considering splitting my travels in two : Gold / E75 on AC with minimum $9K spent and get gold status on Skyteam with the other half . If i am not going to make SE again, i might as well try and get gold with 2 groups. Or just gradually switch to another star carrier such as LH .

Still pondering .

Have to act soon tough , two trips lined up in january : SIN and CCU .
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:26 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by aventure
I am sure there is more to come . They seem to be using a different strategy this year . A partial list of changes before they hit us hard once again.

My travels are finished this calendar year, a cancelled trip to China.

Can you believe i travelled 170K with a total spend of $25K, but only $18,5K eligible miles ? all sort of reasons , no code share flights beyond AC gateways in Asia and Africa , some flights that i plainly forgot to book under AC* numbers etc .

I don't even make SE100 .

Increasingly disapointing FF program. I'm considering splitting my travels in two : Gold / E75 on AC with minimum $9K spent and get gold status on Skyteam with the other half . If i am not going to make SE again, i might as well try and get gold with 2 groups. Or just gradually switch to another star carrier such as LH .

Still pondering .

Yup! I can believe this 100%

I shared privately when this was introduced with a few people what the furthest was I could figure out for $20,000 AQD.

Turns out I figured out how you could get 425,000 AQM flying in J for $20,000 AQD on 100% AC metal 014 stock.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by aventure

coming to the do?
Singapore DO 2017: Jan 13-15 IT'S BACK!
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yup! I can believe this 100%

I shared privately when this was introduced with a few people what the furthest was I could figure out for $20,000 AQD.

Turns out I figured out how you could get 425,000 AQM flying in J for $20,000 AQD on 100% AC metal 014 stock.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.