Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Flights Through Avion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada Flights Through Avion

Hey folks,

Not sure if this is the best forum for this question, maybe it should be under credit cards, but I booked a flight a few weeks back to Australia using my RBC Avion points. Longshot here but I am wondering if I will be able to add my AP# to it when I check in? I traveled using Air Miles a few months back and wasn't able to get miles or segments for that but I have heard conflicting information on whether or not that's the case with an RBC Avion redemption.

Thank you,
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BingoArms
Hey folks,

Not sure if this is the best forum for this question, maybe it should be under credit cards, but I booked a flight a few weeks back to Australia using my RBC Avion points. Longshot here but I am wondering if I will be able to add my AP# to it when I check in? I traveled using Air Miles a few months back and wasn't able to get miles or segments for that but I have heard conflicting information on whether or not that's the case with an RBC Avion redemption.

Thank you,
Short answer yes, you can add your aeroplan # on at checkin, and you will get AQM, AQS, and AQD. I travel on avion tickets a few times a year. You may even be able to add it now via the manage my bookings. Can't remember if that is possible.

Avion and airmiles tickets are treated differently. Avion tickets are actual revenue tickets not reward tickets, so they will earn frequent flyer miles.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Excellent! Thank you very much.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BingoArms
Hey folks,

Thank you,
Yes you can add your AP number. Call RBC and they can do it or you can add by calling AC. RBC is best option as they are the TA in this case. I have done this a few times.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:39 pm

whenever I book using my scion points I contact them before hand to get permission to book my own flight directly with the airline and then submit the receipt reimbursement.

It's worked out well where I've been able to book directly into flex or J. It also means i full control over the booking rather than being reliant the avian call centre.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Starwood
RBC Avion and Air Can

I thought because the tickets were purchased there would be mileage and AQD awarded as well, but so far Air Can is saying no. Never had issues with tickets bought with TD First Class or MBNA cards, but RBC must be buying some lower class of tickets, unless Air Canada just changed something in their system. Any ideas?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RobBurg
I thought because the tickets were purchased there would be mileage and AQD awarded as well, but so far Air Can is saying no. Never had issues with tickets bought with TD First Class or MBNA cards, but RBC must be buying some lower class of tickets, unless Air Canada just changed something in their system. Any ideas?
See this thread for some background:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-altitude.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.