Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC sent an IFE notification

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Not really, you are confusing a serice base industry to a commodity industry. A service base industry has amenity. You don't get a free dinner in a restaurant because they ran out of serviette.
This might work better with a different example - really, almost any example - other than restaurants, who will absolutely comp meals for the slightest variation from expected service standards.

Hair in your entree? I'll take it off your bill.

Grill guy torched your steak, had to do another one, so it came up 10 minutes after the rest of your table? Comped, and dessert is on me.

Table isn't ready for your 9:00 reservation? Terribly sorry. Would it be all right if we sat you at the bar for a few minutes, and bought your first drink?

I'm not arguing about "the finest restaurants", this is consistent everywhere from Toqué to TGI Friday's.

In any event, please read through the following link and point out the part where it says "In-flight entertainment systems may or may not be in proper working order, and are not guaranteed."

https://www.aircanada.com/en/in-flight/entertainment/
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:53 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 24left
For those of you engaged in debate as to whether this is a real issue,...
I don't think it's so much about whether this is a real issue or not.

Rather I think the people saying that compensation is not deserved are just trying to make the point that you shouldn't depend upon anything Air Canada says, on their web site, in their advertising, or elsewhere.

('Course there was that time AC gave me a $500 MCO for inoperative IFE on SYD-YVR.)
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
My IFE system didn't work in Y exit row on 4 hour flight. Was asked by FA to move to another seat which only middle is available. I insisted to get a white card with a code. What is that code worth? Is it a % discount?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
My IFE system didn't work in Y exit row on 4 hour flight. Was asked by FA to move to another seat which only middle is available. I insisted to get a white card with a code. What is that code worth? Is it a % discount?
Last time I got 10% (base fare).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:53 am

Do you recall, does it allow you to book more than 1 passenger with that code? Thanks.
Strange that the SD initially told the FA that they only dish out the white cards when the flight is full - as in if there is no other seat to move me. But then I explained that it will impact other passengers's comfort and be really awkward as well.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AC SE
Do you recall, does it allow you to book more than 1 passenger with that code? Thanks.
Strange that the SD initially told the FA that they only dish out the white cards when the flight is full - as in if there is no other seat to move me. But then I explained that it will impact other passengers's comfort and be really awkward as well.
Here are the complete terms and conditions (bolding mine) :

This offer is valid for one year from today. This means the booking and travel must be completed within the year. It is available on a new booking only and applies to a maximum of four passengers, provided all passengers are booked at the same time. It cannot be applied to existing reservations.

The discount applies exclusively on published fares for Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express designated flights. The final base fare can be found on the screen ‘Fare Summary’. To the right, displayed in red, you will find ‘See fare details’.

Promo codes cannot be combined with other discount codes and are not valid on Air Canada Vacation packages. Please note the fare displayed on the Select Flights screen will reflect the discount rounded to the nearest dollar.

Some of our previously discounted fares, while not eligible for the promotion, may be lower than the final price of the undiscounted fare to which the promotion applies.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:45 pm

I was given one of those white card for a recent IFE issue on a 4 hour flight. Is there a time limit to go on the website to use the code printed on it? Does it expire? It doesn't say on it. Although it says be ready to provide the flight number, date of travel.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I was given one of those white card for a recent IFE issue on a 4 hour flight. Is there a time limit to go on the website to use the code printed on it? Does it expire? It doesn't say on it. Although it says be ready to provide the flight number, date of travel.
If I was you, I'd redeem it now.

Last thing you want is a ...... AC IT fubar and your redemption code not working when you're trying to book a flight.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:59 am
alc

so, I just got this email for a flight T-2hr and I am on a P fare ticket. Should I or Can I still ask FA to fill in a form to get whatever I can?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:30 am
alc

Originally Posted by alc
so, I just got this email for a flight T-2hr and I am on a P fare ticket. Should I or Can I still ask FA to fill in a form to get whatever I can?
FA had no idea what I am talking about. Will send an email to AC then.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by alc
please report the comp. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by alc
FA had no idea about a comp form or card, or FA didn't know that your IFE was defective? Or other?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:31 am
alc

Originally Posted by yyznomad
FA had no idea about a comp form or card, or FA didn't know that your IFE was defective? Or other?
FA had no idea about a comp form or card. He just said that everyone should already know the IFE is not working.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:53 am
alc

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
please report the comp. Thanks.
Just got the respond. I got 10% off code
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
now 15 %

10 % is pretty chintzy. I had the IFE fail multiple times on a trans Atlantic flight, redeemed the code & got 15 %. NBD.
ps It is good for 4 persons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.